2024/25 Sean Dyche

So some guy called Tom says Dyche has this amazing contract & people are arguing if it is true or not sounds like you would believe an Tom , [Poor language removed] or Harry

By the way what have [Poor language removed] & Harry said ???
Believe it's been regurgitated by some of the ITK's surrounding the club, sadly, and what's even sadder is that it's not surprising at all.

Dignity ? Mate he blames everyone and everything he can , how many times has he said it was like that when I got here etc

Think he showed extraordinary dignity to deal with the existential threat last year mate, no one from the club fronted and left it all to him to face the gauntlet, he didn't moan he got it on with with strength in the face of adversity and dignity for me. I think the club reputation was in the toilet last year, no money, dodgy take over, accusation of cheating and of course the with hunt by authorities. He recovered part of that in how he dealt with it and the outcome of the season in my opinion.

Many dont like his public media persona and will misdirect many of his comments to push an agenda. Personally i want someone up front and tell us if we are manure show if we are manure show.

I refer that - then Lampard platitudes of telling us who we are and what we look for - stage managing that he get us - please!

I prefer it to Martinez telling us all about how amazing we are and are storied history.

I dont want any of that - i want truth i dont want to be stage managed, even if they are uncomfortable truths.

Some may like the opposed and that cool to.

Many dont like his public media persona and will misdirect many of his comments to push an agenda. Personally i want someone up front and tell us if we are manure show if we are manure show.
But what about those times when we’re manure because of his actions? Like in the last fifteen minutes of the last match?

Because, funnily enough, in his post-match comments he didn’t come out and say, ‘I completely ballsed that up at the end there, letting them bring on five pairs of fresh legs while I made really, really poor substitutions and threw the game away.’

Think he showed extraordinary dignity to deal with the existential threat last year mate, no one from the club fronted and left it all to him to face the gauntlet, he didn't moan he got it on with with strength in the face of adversity and dignity for me. I think the club reputation was in the toilet last year, no money, dodgy take over, accusation of cheating and of course the with hunt by authorities. He recovered part of that in how he dealt with it and the outcome of the season in my opinion.

I refer that - then Lampard platitudes of telling us who we are and what we look for - stage managing that he get us - please!

I prefer it to Martinez telling us all about how amazing we are and are storied history.

I dont want any of that - i want truth i dont want to be stage managed, even if they are uncomfortable truths.

Bottom line is that he just isn't a good manager. i couldn't care about what he wafles, i dont listen to him anymore.

I don't see any strengths that's he offers? We dont control games, we arent hard to beat, he doesn't improve players, players arent fit, cant come from behind and cant hold onto a lead.

We have no identity at all.

he has a better team than Lampard and Benitez had and we still look terrible.

There is a reason he was out of work for so long, he was waiting for the right mugs to come along and sign him up

But what about those times when we’re manure because of his actions? Like in the last fifteen minutes of the last match?

Because, funnily enough, in his post-match comments he didn’t come out and say, ‘I completely ballsed that up at the end there, letting them bring on five pairs of fresh legs while I made really, really poor substitutions and threw the game away.’

Didn't he acknowledge his part of responsibility in the post match press conference.

People will have their own opinion mate, thats just mine.

True but this season there’s been a definite shift from that, and that was only after the first game ,what happensd with Patterson too which was never explained , feels like it was a bit of a act all that last season and this is the real dyche were seeing now ,

Bottom line is that he just isn't a good manager. i couldn't care about what he wafles, i dont listen to him anymore.

I don't see any strengths that's he offers? We dont control games, we arent hard to beat, he doesn't improve players, players arent fit, cant come from behind and cant hold onto a lead.

We have no identity at all.

he has a better team than Lampard and Benitez had and we still look terrible.

There is a reason he was out of work for so long, he was waiting for the right mugs to come along and sign him up

If all you say is true mate - its a matter of time - why fret - football is invariably a dynamic business and if results aren't good enough he wont last.

I bet he will myself.

Ultimately all football manager leave, so he will go at some point - im just betting that its going to be in the longer term based on his ability as a football manager. Others are advocating otherwise. Its all cool.

A lot of chips have been placed in the last fortnight - its going to be fun to see how it plays out.

Last edited:

Didn't he acknowledge his part of responsibility in the post match press conference.

Mmmm, not without trying to deflect, like making digs at the fans, he didn’t.

I get where you’re coming from, and I think he’s done a really solid job since he came in, but I don’t think he does take real responsibility for his own specific failings. I’m not even sure he thinks he’s got any, but the, he wouldn’t be the only manager to think like that.

Not really, he said he could smell it in the air that it was going badly and players kept trying to pass the ball and do overlaps, as if he's only a manager for 5 sec a game and not allowed to give instructions to anyone ever and he was punished to just sit and watch.

Oh yeah also that dig at the fans.

• Speculation per Daily Mail,

Sean Dyche 'could be SACKED if American businessman John Textor completes Everton takeover... with a potential successor already identified' following poor start to the season​

John Textor, 58, has set his sights on bringing in Abel Ferreira if he buys Everton.
He peaked with Bad Lieutenant. Keitel went from strength to strength tho.

Mmmm, not without trying to deflect, like making digs at the fans, he didn’t.

I get where you’re coming from, and I think he’s done a really solid job since he came in, but I don’t think he does take real responsibility for his own specific failings. I’m not even sure he thinks he’s got any, but the, he wouldn’t be the only manager to think like that.

Here's the press conference mate. Dont think he dug the fans out.

If he doesn't reflect on his part its a worry, but that eventually gets found out, the whole episode was an absolute meltdown and there needs to be collective responsibility.

Im sure he will reflect, its a bad professional in any field who doesn't look at what happens good or bad and ask could it have been done better and what have i learned and how might i do things differently. At this level that has to be automatic, i suppose the adaptation we have seen game to game in his time here im sure that happens.

Last edited:
I would say Villa away in the cup, Brighton away, West Ham away, Brentford away, and Liverpool at home were all not expected.
Our problem is since we sold Lukaku, we don't take our chances. Fulham and Wolves at home were a classic example. I don't think we are as bad as some people make out on here, we nearly got a draw at Arsenal without a bad VAR decision. My issue with Dyche is his tactics are completely reliant on us getting 1st goal. I don't think Dyche deserves credit for keeping us up, it was a stoppage time goal v Wolves that gave us chance to stay up. My view is Dyche has lowered standards so low, people accept bare minimum.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back