Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

If we'd have not done that against Bournemouth I could have accepted getting beat by Villa I think. That Bournemouth result was the final nail for so many people with him and the club in general I think.

i didn’t know the record mate of 5 wins in 23?

i’ve backed dyche i can’t anymore

i feel the club and him have made us a laughing stock of the whole country

I still can't get over how bad a substitution he made yesterday. There was no need to have so many square pegs in round holes.

At one point we had Garner as a 3rd centre half floating aimlessly around, Harrison at right back and Mcneil had a stint at right wing when he went 5 at the back (which ended up with O'Brien looking like a right wing back in spells)

All the while, a natural right back who didn't disgrace himself against Spurs, sat on the bench whilst Dyche tries every other option than the one that was glaringly obvious.

It's inexcusable management and it happens game after game as he gets far more wrong than he gets right.

This isn't just a blip, this is a continuation from the poor form from Christmas onwards. He can't get the balance right, he hasn't set the team up right, in possession there's no plan in place, there's no plan B.

I'm flabbergasted that anyone thinks he should be given any more time. The excuses have ran out and he's incapable of getting the best out of what is available to him.

6m to sack him or lose 100m to be relegated?
Class post Macc, spot on. 👏👏👏👏👏
I think from a confidence perspective something has to give one way or another. Either a new manager, a system change, or a massive swap of playing staff. Confidence will be rock bottom and lining up with the same team and tactics isn't going to change that.
Get young and Keane out of the side, we get better - you’ve got O’Brien sat on his ass watching Keane duck while jumping ffs.

Dixon watching young getting picked ahead of him.

Tactics are from the dark ages as well. All starts with the manager though, needs to go.

Sadly the biggest issue is getting the ownership sorted asap. That needs to bring the total reset.

That’s largely irrelevant to the reality of what is happening at the club, which is the main difference between some posters and those who just want to be right on the internet even if it leaves Everton in ruin

I’ve made my position on Dyche abundantly clear in recent posts. He has the same policy for him that every manager under Moshiri has has. He stays in post unless it looks like he is definitely taking us down. Whilst the fans like to meltdown after 4 games, I doubt Thelwell is quite as hysterical.
No one should ever wait to get to the point where any manager is definitely taking us down, as this makes the issue of staying up far more unlikely. We have given previous managers to around the January time, bit his points return is less than those previous seasons (or forecasting less), then the call will need to be made earlier. I’ve been in the fence, I no longer am, but my call for him to go has been on a mixture of results, and his seemingly inability to learn or adapt. Case in point Keane and to a lesser extent Young.

That's a tough run of fixtures we've had: Brighton, Spurs and Villa are teams we always have trouble with and are miles better than us at this moment in time.

The Bournemouth result was the real sickener. At home against a fellow relegation candidate and 2 up with minutes left.

But we have winnable games in the pipeline.

Being 2 points adrift of 15th after these opening tough fixtures is not a disaster. Let's not use a very disappointing start to the season and turn it into a crisis.
“we have winnable games in the pipeline”; dreary me, we are averaging one goal a game, we ship more than three a game. Every team in the league see us as a winnable game. If you score first against us we don’t win, if you give us a two goal start we still don’t win. We are in last place in the league because we are the winnable game for everyone else. We are we’re we are because we are doing something wrong, if we keep doing it wrong then we keep losing. We need a change.

Branthwaite is a £100m CB for a reason. Take him out and put in Keane or Holgate and this is what happens to a teams defence.

Having no decent full back in the squad is also a major issue.

Replacing a £50m Belgian International midfielder with a £10m FFP swap kid is also a major issue.

Dithering with subs aside, Sean Dyche is not the problem. Injuries and chronic lack of investment in the playing squad in recent seasons is.

No team should implode with the exclusion of 1 centre half on this scale.
I fear this is more to do with Keanes inclusion. The previous stats all point at this.

One of the reasons why i just can't take to the manager is because he is always going on about what he is trying to impliment while nothing is improving and when things go wrong he seems to seperate himself from the team. They're to blame etc

You can also tell that when he does get the boot he will be all over the press slagging off the fans because we didn't back him etc etc. He just seems sly to me

I fear this is more to do with Keanes inclusion. The previous stats all point at this.
TBF we knew we needed full backs pre-season - ? Left back Right back old as the hills - & a left back who is crocked & a young lad in Dixon who he would not fetch on yesterday - sorry Dyche has to go -

This idea that Dyche is doing the best he can with what he has is a complete lie. In my opinion Dyche is making the problems worse and highlighting weaknesses. I'll give him the next 3-4 games to turn things around, it's just very worrying that a manager who prides himself on being defensively solid has conceded 13 in 4. Branthwaite staying fit may be our only hope, if we have Keane in the back 4 we simply do not win games.

Doesn't notice have to be served to place someone on garden leave though?
Not sure mate, normally garden leave for the majority of job means that the contract of employment is coming to an early termination (for permanent contracts) - not sure what the issue is when it comes to set term contracts of employment

Think it’s only human that it will effect your own mindset, when you have someone who has over the years constantly made mistakes and cost us. As you say stats look bad when he is involved. Still can’t let other players of the hook, are players are to honest and no one seems to take a damn yellow when teams break on us. First issue is Dyche game management and team selection.

Not sure mate, normally garden leave for the majority of job means that the contract of employment is coming to an early termination (for permanent contracts) - not sure what the issue is when it comes to set term contracts of employment

Not sure. Either way their is flex to be had it we need to recruit a manager for six months.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back