2024/25 Sean Dyche

Heres the thing though, we were talking last night about conceding and Keneda made the point that - that in away games Tim gets over run and we are missing the third body in midfield - yet we have looked more clinical and creative going forward - playing with a front four instead of having the extra man in the middle - Doucoure. Now we probably would be more soiled with Garner and Doucoure back in the team, Tim going out of it and one of the front four sacrificed - so if that and shored things up we got points on the board would people be happy - no they would go apoplectic for dropping Tim and one of the front 4. People want their cake and it to a degree as well.
I agree - but "people" need to be ignored, and by "people" I mean people who never wanted to give Dyche a chance in the first place. If we had ground out a draw with Brighton and held on against Bournemouth, people like me - those who are fair-minded and keenly aware of the dysfunctional bin fire Dyche has to work in - would be more than satisfied.

Had we gone to Villa Park and played out a scoreless draw, that would have been an excellent evening's work. But to go two-up two weeks running and soil our pants, nah, sorry. That's torturing people and shows that Dyche's methods are all over the shop.

Basically, if he is trying to transition to a more offensive style he should be sacked anyway, because he hasn't the players for this. This season is not the season for showing he can manage better players. This is the season for showing he can manage what he has. Dourly is fine. His task is 17th, clean sheets, hard to break down, fourth-best defence in the league. These are his calling cards. Going two up only to lose two weeks running suggests he's Ossie Ardiles or Roberto Martinez: not long for this league.

Mind you, this is why Textor's intervention is so unhelpful. He undermined the manager last week. So, Dyche possibly feels he is on a loser no matter what. In those circumstances, why wouldn't he take a punt on going forward. But then you look at our pitiful players...

A total mess.

There is only one way Dyche keeps us up. Back to basics: tough to break down, defensive solidity and ignore the Lampard fans.

I agree - but "people" need to be ignored, and by "people" I mean people who never wanted to give Dyche a chance in the first place. If we had ground out a draw with Brighton and held on against Bournemouth, people like me - those who are fair-minded and keenly aware of the dysfunctional bin fire Dyche has to work in - would be more than satisfied.

Had we gone to Villa Park and played out a scoreless draw, that would have been an excellent evening's work. But to go two-up two weeks running and soil our pants, nah, sorry. That's torturing people and shows that Dyche's methods are all over the shop.

Basically, if he is trying to transition to a more offensive style he should be sacked anyway, because he hasn't the players for this. This season is not the season for showing he can manage better players. This is the season for showing he can manage what he has. Dourly is fine. His task is 17th, clean sheets, hard to break down, fourth-best defence in the league. These are his calling cards. Going two up only to lose two weeks running suggests he's Ossie Ardiles or Roberto Martinez: not long for this league.

Mind you, this is why Textor's intervention is so unhelpful. He undermined the manager last week. So, Dyche possibly feels he is on a loser no matter what. In those circumstances, why wouldn't he take a punt on going forward. But then you look at our pitiful players...

A total mess.

There is only one way Dyche keeps us up. Back to basics: tough to break down, defensive solidity and ignore the Lampard fans.

This it the thing with Dyche mate, there is such a diversity of expectation among the fan base - that no one will be happy.

As i said i think we will be more then fine. Unless we self harm and i wouldn't put it past this club and our headbanger owner.

No team should implode with the exclusion of 1 centre half on this scale.
I fear this is more to do with Keanes inclusion. The previous stats all point at this.

We imploded when we lost Lukaku & failed to replace him under Koeman.

I may be wrong, but I am certain I read over the past 3 seasons we are in the bottom 2 clubs out of 20 for positive net spend.

We essentially are investing in players at the rate of a bottom 3 side. It should not be a suprise that we're fighting relegation again.

A total mess.

This is all correct mate. Textor is Moshiri 2.0 in that he wants to see tippy tappy football and wants an input in which players are to be purchased.

His comments on Dyche & O'Brien, and his bullying of that young Lyon player, show that he is not the right custodian to take the club forward.

The Lampard fans have been a major problem since day one. Even when we beat Liverpool 2-0, they were unhappy.

This idea that Dyche is doing the best he can with what he has is a complete lie. In my opinion Dyche is making the problems worse and highlighting weaknesses. I'll give him the next 3-4 games to turn things around, it's just very worrying that a manager who prides himself on being defensively solid has conceded 13 in 4. Branthwaite staying fit may be our only hope, if we have Keane in the back 4 we simply do not win games.

Branthwaite is a £100m CB for a reason. Take him out and put in Keane or Holgate and this is what happens to a teams defence.

Having no decent full back in the squad is also a major issue.

Replacing a £50m Belgian International midfielder with a £10m FFP swap kid is also a major issue.

Dithering with subs aside, Sean Dyche is not the problem. Injuries and chronic lack of investment in the playing squad in recent seasons is.

1) he doesnt have to put keane or holgate in ( one doesnt even play for us anymore ) because we have just signed a new defender, it's purely his choice to play keane over o'brien, bearing in mind he's doing exactly what he did when he last had a few games in the team and thats concede for fun until big yerry come in and saved the day.

2) i agree our full backs are bad, but again HIS choice to play a 40 year old there instead of say Dixon who at least can run, and didnt do badly in his only other start.

3) be honest, is anyone even slightly arsed we sold onana? I'm not, i have no issue with swapping him + 40m for tim.

4) Dyche is the problem.

We imploded when we lost Lukaku & failed to replace him under Koeman.

I may be wrong, but I am certain I read over the past 3 seasons we are in the bottom 2 clubs out of 20 for positive net spend.

We essentially are investing in players at the rate of a bottom 3 side. It should not be a suprise that we're fighting relegation again.

This is all correct mate. Textor is Moshiri 2.0 in that he wants to see tippy tappy football and wants an input in which players are to be purchased.

His comments on Dyche & O'Brien, and his bullying of that young Lyon player, show that he is not the right custodian to take the club forward.

The Lampard fans have been a major problem since day one. Even when we beat Liverpool 2-0, they were unhappy.

Whats lukaku leaving 8 years ago got to do with anything on this.
Dyche is meant to be a low budget get em organised hard to beat manager. Its what you've blown his trumpet about.
Right now we look worse than sheff utd last season.
I go back to the original point. If he cant even get them hard to beat organised then there is no point in him.

Branthwaite is a £100m CB for a reason. Take him out and put in Keane or Holgate and this is what happens to a teams defence.

Having no decent full back in the squad is also a major issue.

Replacing a £50m Belgian International midfielder with a £10m FFP swap kid is also a major issue.

Dithering with subs aside, Sean Dyche is not the problem. Injuries and chronic lack of investment in the playing squad in recent seasons is.
I disagree; if the highest number of passes a player makes is just 27, it's an issue with the manager. If the manager continues picking Keane after shipping 13 in 4, it's on the manager. Saying that at times there's been some promising signs whenever we do break, mainly in the first half and for 80 mins vs Bournmouth. DCL has looked good the past 2 games, Ndiaye looks great and dare I say Mcneil had a decent game yesterday.

Tarkowski + Keane are terrible together, the sooner Branthwaite is back the better, Dyche simply isn't a miracle worker (like some think) and like you said Brathwaite is worth what he is for a reason.

A total mess.

Rubbish, you are asking him to manage us the way he did for umpteen years with Burnley and never got any where.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back