2024/25 Sean Dyche

The defence is instantly improved by removing Keane (especially) and Young and for their never to be seen again. Literally anyone to include available academy players would be an upgrade. No more of this premier league experience on the grawwws claptrap. It’s been proven four times now to be a myth.

Get a fresh outlook into the dugout and on the training pitch now.
We'll be right back here in a year with the next guy. As I said, sack Dyche. He deserves it. But you won't convince me that this team of vipers we've got will do anything better beyond a handful of games with a new manager bounce.

I’m still absolutely fuming about yesterday’s debacle, more so than I’ve been for years. It’s the football that Dyche has them playing, but also the terrible recruitment over the years. According to the stats yesterday Pickford made 22 accurate passes in the game. McNeil 16. Gana 8, for a centre mid, 8 passes ffs. His midfield partner Tim only managed 14. For Villa Onana made 43 passes and he went off at half time. Then look at the rest of Villa. Torres made 106, Tielemans made 126 accurate passes. There’s the startling difference. Dyche can’t coach a team to hold onto the ball, pass it around and show mental toughness to not be beaten. He’s done and should be long gone by now. Still fuming.

We imploded when we lost Lukaku & failed to replace him under Koeman.

I may be wrong, but I am certain I read over the past 3 seasons we are in the bottom 2 clubs out of 20 for positive net spend.

We essentially are investing in players at the rate of a bottom 3 side. It should not be a suprise that we're fighting relegation again.

This is all correct mate. Textor is Moshiri 2.0 in that he wants to see tippy tappy football and wants an input in which players are to be purchased.

His comments on Dyche & O'Brien, and his bullying of that young Lyon player, show that he is not the right custodian to take the club forward.

The Lampard fans have been a major problem since day one. Even when we beat Liverpool 2-0, they were unhappy.

What are you talking about? You're obsessed with Lampard.

Haha
I’m just relieved someone else is old enough to know the reference.
I wish I wasn't if that's any help. In fact I wish against a lot of what's happening now. When the flame of life starts to recede, it is important to focus your light on what and who is best and most healthy for you.

There's a lot said against Moyes for instance, but he never lost the dressing room, and I get the feeling we're close to that territory now.

We'll be right back here in a year with the next guy. As I said, sack Dyche. He deserves it. But you won't convince me that this team of vipers we've got will do anything better beyond a handful of games with a new manager bounce.
Fair. There has been such a turnover in players over the last two seasons though. To the extent there is an embedded loser mentality for years, start the analysis at the players here all through that period that played yesterday.

Pickford gets a pass. One name sticks out like a flashing red light.

So many convinced JB will put everything right.
He’s great, he has a great future and he’ll make a big difference but he’s a young lad, the current expectation for his return is heaping pressure on him and he’s coming back from injury after the off season so it’s very likely going to take time to get back up to speed. He’s not going to immediately put everything right.

Dyche has regressed, we have regressed. I hear those that say there’s promising signs like scoring goals and getting ahead in games but come on… we should never have been 2 up against Villa and I for one never expected to win even at 2-0.

Last 2 seasons the same people were saying “But he’s got us defensively sound, that’s what Dyche does, hard to beat” now they say “But we are scoring and looking much better”. Surely if you’ve sacrificed your defensive strength to be able to score goals there’s a big problem! We can’t be in a situation where we need to score 3 goals to get a draw and need 4 to win, that’s just not feasible.

I don’t want to be sat here yet again hoping there are 3 worst teams to keep us safe, it’s soul destroying for Christ sake.

Dont say there isn’t anyone else or no one will touch us in our state as that’s pure nonsense. Someone here already said half the German league, the Championship and multiple French and Italian teams have managers that would jump at the chance to be Manager of Everton, confident Managers that would back themselves. Yes, we have fallen a hell of a long way and not the prize we once were or anywhere near.. but imagine being the Manager who put us back on the map, your stock would be immense. And a good Manager would look at our squad right now and know there’s a lot to work with here. The anti football and weak mentality are both coming from Dyche… I’m sure of it now.

But, and this is the rub.. he’s not going anywhere yet, he’s safe until a new owner steps in. The club will not pay him off at this time. And my own gut reaction is that a takeover will not happen for some time (thats for another thread of course)

I have been sat here chewing everything over all day, and I can honestly see us (the club) reacting too late in terms of pulling the trigger.

I hope I’m wrong, I hope Dyche makes me eat every word and I’ll be the first to hold my hands up. Right now though, I think the teams that came up and the ones we would expect to struggle look stronger than last season… all except us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back