2024/25 Sean Dyche

We've gone to every type haven't they?

Silva, Allardyce, Koeman, Ancelotti, Benitez, Lampard, Dyche.

Young progressive types, arl arse pragmatists, title winners.

Little wonder we've got an identity crisis.

Wonder who the next choice would be.

Bar Ancelotti (who was just the maddest once in a life time appointment ever), the one thing that all of those have in common is that were either very brooding or had the immediate likeability, charm and charisma of a pubic louse. And none of them were ever welcomed with unanimous enthusiasm IIRC.

I think if we had someone a little more blood and thunder on the touchline, someone who could channel the nervous energy into something more positive, that might be more important right now than a master tactician.

All the names put forth are so uninspiring because there is a level of certainty as to what they could be. They are all a bit safe. I’d love to see someone like Will Still, maybe Rydstrom at Malmo or Diniz if he doesn’t take the Brazil job, maybe even Crespo if he fancied leaving Saudi.

This time last year mate. It's still the active Dyche replacement thread, here;

The short list seem depressing to you? What new names should be on it?

As I said, the shortlist to replace an Everton manager has been awful for years now.
Most of the votes were made 12 months ago. Lots change in that length of time. Expectations, availability, work done since.
No problem doing a new realistic list

For what its worth, i wouldn't try and find a full time replacement until the take over is completed. Whoever takes over will want to bring their own choice in so let them. In the short term we need someone temporary to try and stop us losing every single game with the exception of a team that were 3 leagues below us. Does anyone here see Dyche turning this form around because i definitely don't. He has completely lost the plot this season and increasingly a lot of supporters too. Everyone wants to play us currently and who can blame them.

What new names would you have on it?

Because like I say - currently, Potter is winning it. Wayne Rooney was 2nd last month.

Not very inspiring is it?
Not really, but surely as of now Corberan, Abel Ferreira, Moyes would be on my pull list as well.

Some like Bielsa, Frank and Rooney, Potter stay of course as they are still disscused.

Mister X, or some realistic without a club managers.

Most of the votes were made 12 months ago. Lots change in that length of time. Expectations, availability, work done since.
No problem doing a new realistic list

They weren't.

A lot also remains the same.

I didn't create that list.

I've been asking people for a new list for pages on this thread. All I've had are Moyes, Potter and Frank.

Potter and Frank are on that list.

For what its worth, i wouldn't try and find a full time replacement until the take over is completed. Whoever takes over will want to bring their own choice in so let them. In the short term we need someone temporary to try and stop us losing every single game with the exception of a team that were 3 leagues below us. Does anyone here see Dyche turning this form around because i definitely don't. He has completely lost the plot this season and increasingly a lot of supporters too. Everyone wants to play us currently and who can blame them.

I fully agree that a new manager will be appointed once the takeover is completed. However, at the speed that is going, we might already be down by then.

So the real question becomes, would you rather have Baines in temporary charge instead of Dyche?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back