2024/25 Sean Dyche

Dyche’s time here is up. He knows it and we all know it. Sadly, the maniac owner has long checked out and there is no one left to make the ultimate decision to bullet him. We are stuck with him for the foreseeable and we just need to pray that there are 3 worse teams than us at the end of the season. It’s basically what we’ve been reduced to under this manager and ownership.

I’ve decided to treat the rest of Dyche’s tenure like I would a difficult medical procedure or a prison beating - aware that it is happening, pretty powerless to do anything about it and just zoning out and hoping for the best. I can’t even get upset by it all anymore. It’s a waste of energy hoping he’ll change or getting angry with his selections or tactics.
Disagree. If he is as checked out as you say, then the CEO would make the decision (or even DoF). Moshiri hasn’t checked out - he just wants as little hassle as possible but if his sale of the club or requests for investment comes under any form of threat through increased risk of relegation I would imagine he will act. I think he also has sacking fatigue.

Arguing with Dyche fans is much like arguing with Trump fans, lost to a cult mentality, in which their 'man' can do no wrong, despite both being utterly awful (for different reasons mind)

Excuses made for him, for absolutely everything.

But maybe thats what the people who run us want, a club with no standards, no ambition, and no backbone.

The longer Dyche stays, the worse it is for us long term.

again i dont think the club give a toss

it’s got worse from last season and he’s sitting here like fidel castro

Cant be judged without having Branthwaite back in the centre of defence with Tarkowski.

That was the combination that handed us the 4th most solid defence in the PL last season.
A solid defence is an absolute must for Dyche given we average about one goal for per game since he has been here. If Everton concede it is unlikely we will win. This is a dangerous game to play week in week out even with a defence at full strength. A bad run of results, which we have witnessed under Dyche, can put you deep in trouble with a manager who has no alternative plan.

Disagree. If he is as checked out as you say, then the CEO would make the decision (or even DoF). Moshiri hasn’t checked out - he just wants as little hassle as possible but if his sale of the club or requests for investment comes under any form of threat through increased risk of relegation I would imagine he will act. I think he also has sacking fatigue.
I honestly don’t know what’s for the best. I have absolutely zero faith in him making the correct call about anything. His last 3 hires have been a disgrace and he has shown nothing to say he’ll get the next one right. He’ll likely get it catastrophically wrong. The best outcome is a quick sale and the new owner having something resembling a plan.

I honestly don’t know what’s for the best. I have absolutely zero faith in him making the correct call about anything. His last 3 hires have been a disgrace and he has shown nothing to say he’ll get the next one right. He’ll likely get it catastrophically wrong. The best outcome is a quick sale and the new owner having something resembling a plan.
Agree there absolutely. I think it’s only a matter of time for Dyche, but I really don’t want Moshiri anywhere near the decision to appoint a victim, I mean successor.

Wouldn’t it of been a forward thinking idea to maybe put 5-6 million aside from the summer sales in the event we needed to sack him?

We certainly accrued more in sales than we did purchases.

If the issue is Moshiri won’t put any additional money up, maybe this could of been an idea?

(That’s on the basis it’s a financial reason we aren’t sacking him)

Cant be judged without having Branthwaite back in the centre of defence with Tarkowski.

That was the combination that handed us the 4th most solid defence in the PL last season.
It’s not the best barometer to be honest. Even when Lampard got sacked, after like 18 games he had something like the 6/7th best defence (without branthwaite).

After 8 games he had the best defence in the league.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back