Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

What about the seasons we finished 17, 15 or 11 or don’t they count?
There are always going to be outliers of over or under performance, but I did say AVERAGE wage during his tenure compared to AVERAGE position.

03/04 was a poor season but responded with complete overachievement the following year unless you thought top 4 was the target after signing Marcus Bent on a free transfer.

From 2006 up to Moyes leaving the finishing positions were 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th and 6th.

The team finished bottom half in two of Martinez's three seasons.

Id think if he was going you`d have heard about it today, tomorrow at the very latest.

Absolute negligence leaving this twice relegated clown in charge...

Takeover hasn't happened yet so he's in charge up to the next international break. Losing at Ipswich would put the heat on for the Fulham match though.

One thing is for sure though another winter run like last season and he wouldn't survive that so early January seems the most logical time for a managerial change when you look at how difficult the fixtures are in that month.

So, just to confirm, you are expecting a comfortable away win and anything less would be a disappointment? For the record.

Are you five years old or something?

You just made up that people were saying every team in the league is better than us. When I said that’s not true you then said i’d be saying before the game that we couldn’t get anything because Ipswich have a better team. I said I thought our squad was better than theirs and you’ve taken that to mean I’m expecting a comfortable away victory?

Do you think football works that way? There’ll be City fans not expecting a comfortable away victory at Ipswich. We’re a bottom half team and whilst I want us to win and we’re more than capable of winning it’s ridiculously naive to have a minimum expectation of a comfortable away win in the premier league.

You really are just behaving like a clown now.

Takeover hasn't happened yet so he's in charge up to the next international break. Losing at Ipswich would put the heat on for the Fulham match though.

One thing is for sure though another winter run like last season and he wouldn't survive that so early January seems the most logical time for a managerial change when you look at how difficult the fixtures are in that month.
That would be Prime Everton and TFG falling in to the great Everton trap, knowing a manager is not there long term backing him with players then sacking him in the January window.

Hopefully TFG is not as idiotic as the Moshiri reign but to get to January with this manager in situ knowing we need players would prove they will just a be a continuation of the same.

03/04 was a poor season but responded with complete overachievement the following year unless you thought top 4 was the target after signing Marcus Bent on a free transfer.

From 2006 up to Moyes leaving the finishing positions were 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th and 6th.

The team finished bottom half in two of Martinez's three seasons.
But one could also spin it to Martinez took that squad and got more points than Moyes was ever able to as well.
72pt to Moyes highest of 65 fwiw. Cba working it out but iiirc that would have got us Champs league in most seasons under Moyes.

Only re-enforces my opinion that Moyes was and remains a manager limited by his own footballing philosophy.
Said in another thread, appreciated his time here but personally just don’t get the desire to get him back for a number of reasons.

Fulham play to win, we play to not lose, massive difference.

I look at Fulham's manager with envy. That is how far we have fallen. And yet I was glad when we sacked him. Strange game.

Everton earned 48 points last season.

Fulham earned…… 47 points.

Considering Fulham have a better squad than us, and apparently a much better manager, and they play to win and we don’t, it’s remarkable that a 38 game sample didn’t show this massive difference.

That would be Prime Everton and TFG falling in to the great Everton trap, knowing a manager is not there long term backing him with players then sacking him in the January window.

Hopefully TFG is not as idiotic as the Moshiri reign but to get to January with this manager in situ knowing we need players would prove they will just a be a continuation of the same.

I meant he gets sacked after Forest game which is currently scheduled for December 29th. The run in December is RS, Wolves, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man. City, Forest.

Perhaps beating RS again will spark another good run but most of those games look defeats or battling draws at the best so could easily be in the bottom 3 after half a season (depending on how the next four games go).

So gives the opportunity to appoint someone in early Jan and then they have 2-3 games to assess things and then get some new signings in last week of the window.

Everton earned 48 points last season.

Fulham earned…… 47 points.

Considering Fulham have a better squad than us, and apparently a much better manager, and they play to win and we don’t, it’s remarkable that a 38 game sample didn’t show this massive difference.

Fulham were up and down last year after losing Mitrovic. 22/23 under Silva they were one of the best newly promoted teams in the prem for many years and this season they could easily finish top half on what they've shown so far.

It's a good fit for Silva at this stage of his career based on pressure and general expectations.

I meant he gets sacked after Forest game which is currently scheduled for December 29th. The run in December is RS, Wolves, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man. City, Forest.

Perhaps beating RS again will spark another good run but most of those games look defeats or battling draws at the best so could easily be in the bottom 3 after half a season (depending on how the next four games go).

So gives the opportunity to appoint someone in early Jan and then they have 2-3 games to assess things and then get some new signings in last week of the window.

we all know he’s not winning games

or we won one and was still turd

get the new man before jan to give us a chance

But one could also spin it to Martinez took that squad and got more points than Moyes was ever able to as well.
72pt to Moyes highest of 65 fwiw. Cba working it out but iiirc that would have got us Champs league in most seasons under Moyes.

Only re-enforces my opinion that Moyes was and remains a manager limited by his own footballing philosophy.
Said in another thread, appreciated his time here but personally just don’t get the desire to get him back for a number of reasons.

The first season was great under Roberto but my point was more how quickly things fell back to mid table as finishing 11th twice with a higher wage bill in that period (considering what Lukaku and Barkley were on at that point) is generally more underachieving than Moyes having a poor season in his early years in the prem.

In 2003 he'd still only been a prem manager for 18 months so still had plenty to learn at this level.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back