Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

Fulham were up and down last year after losing Mitrovic. 22/23 under Silva they were one of the best newly promoted teams in the prem for many years and this season they could easily finish top half on what they've shown so far.

It's a good fit for Silva at this stage of his career based on pressure and general expectations.

Yeah Fulham is a good fit for Silva no doubt, but we’ll see if he moves them on. Injuries affect bottom half teams massively and they’ve affected Everton badly over many a season when key players are missing.

03/04 was a poor season but responded with complete overachievement the following year unless you thought top 4 was the target after signing Marcus Bent on a free transfer.

From 2006 up to Moyes leaving the finishing positions were 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th and 6th.

The team finished bottom half in two of Martinez's three seasons.

It's a good question how much of the first season under Martinez was still preparatory work from Moyes to benefit from and how much Martinez contributed to that. Normally that season is enough to qualify for CL.

Also big what if, when Moyes had Lukaku in his time here. He had good strikers, but not Lukaku level.

That would be Prime Everton and TFG falling in to the great Everton trap, knowing a manager is not there long term backing him with players then sacking him in the January window.

Hopefully TFG is not as idiotic as the Moshiri reign but to get to January with this manager in situ knowing we need players would prove they will just a be a continuation of the same.
I’d think they’d make the decision quicker if things aren’t going well. Aside from the obvious issues of the threat of relegation, if they wanted to do some business in January it would make it incredibly difficult to attract the calibre of player needed to the club if they were coming to a poorly performing club at risk of same and playing Dyche’s brand of football.

The first season was great under Roberto but my point was more how quickly things fell back to mid table as finishing 11th twice with a higher wage bill in that period (considering what Lukaku and Barkley were on at that point) is generally more underachieving than Moyes having a poor season in his early years in the prem.

In 2003 he'd still only been a prem manager for 18 months so still had plenty to learn at this level.

Also, that 2003/04 season, we never actually lost more than 2 consecutive league games all season, until we lost the last 4 with the flip flops on.

Everton earned 48 points last season.

Fulham earned…… 47 points.

Considering Fulham have a better squad than us, and apparently a much better manager, and they play to win and we don’t, it’s remarkable that a 38 game sample didn’t show this massive difference.
Never gone anything like 15 without a win at any club, also nowhere near 6 wins in 28....

Fulham fans or Fulham Football Club would not be accepting of absolute crap like ours do! He wouldn`t be in a job, but not Everton, our club and fans who are accepting of every crap stat that is making Dyche our worst ever PL era manager.

I think the Dyche fangirls on here want to see this club go down, no other explanation....

Never gone anything like 15 without a win at any club, also nowhere near 6 wins in 28....

Fulham fans or Fulham Football Club would not be accepting of absolute crap like ours do! He wouldn`t be in a job, but not Everton, our club and fans who are accepting of every crap stat that is making Dyche our worst ever PL era manager.

I think the Dyche fangirls on here want to see this club go down, no other explanation....

He's saved his skin for now mate. I think you need to accept it. If Palace had beaten us, I might have turned myself, but they didn't and he's still in the job after 3 unbeaten. Here's hoping for a win in the next one hey mate! ;)

Hopefully it’s more that many people realise that the moment a period of exclusivity is entered with a potential buyer (as has been the case about 6384 times), Dyche immediately becomes unsackable. No buyer or seller is seeing such a big change in the middle of due diligence. The seller can’t make the decision as the buyer might not agree. The seller can’t just do whatever the buyer wants as they could pull out and we’d be left with their choice of manager.

Charmed life for Dyche, although could also argue if being very generous that the same issues have made his life harder. Mosh’s fault for allowing the 777 charade to go on so long.

Can see him limping towards April, getting sacked with us safe, caretaker appointed for last few, with proper manager announced for next season (who will be in the directors box for the last home game deciding whether to give Keane an extension).

Yeah Fulham is a good fit for Silva no doubt, but we’ll see if he moves them on. Injuries affect bottom half teams massively and they’ve affected Everton badly over many a season when key players are missing.

He got them promoted and they’ve never been in any trouble since they came back up, I’d say that is moving them on. They didn’t come up and then start settling for 17th every season immediately, just praying there were 3 worse teams than them every year. He is a much better manager than Dyche.

He's saved his skin for now mate. I think you need to accept it. If Palace had beaten us, I might have turned myself, but they didn't and he's still in the job after 3 unbeaten. Here's hoping for a win in the next one hey mate! ;)
That comment, is that not everything that is wrong with sections of this fanbase...

We know how is crap, we accept it and just HOPE for better next time, rinse and repeat.

Awful view to take... want a better Everton FFS. The reason why Kenwright was allowed to stay for so long...

That comment, is that not everything that is wrong with sections of this fanbase...

We know how is crap, we accept it and just HOPE for better next time, rinse and repeat.

Awful view to take... want a better Everton FFS. The reason why Kenwright was allowed to stay for so long...

Yeah, okay mate, you're right, I'm the reason Bill was allowed to stay for so long. I do apologise. I'll get back in my box now.

Blert.

I think there’s a largely pragmatic section of support that is a little more risk averse than others. That’s how I see myself at least.

I am no great fan of Dyche, however until we have a board and owner capable of making and affording strategic appointments that will actually improve us, I’m content with Dyche to see us in the EPL next season and in to BMD.
On balance I would expect our current owner and board to eventually get it fatally wrong before they get it right.
So until TFG are calling the shots, better the devil I know, until he makes his position untenable - which I don’t see him doing.

doesn’t mean I don’t want better for Everton, maybe just got a higher tolerance for this garbage.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back