Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Sean Dyche

They defo are on here, or at least used to be.

I remember a few years back I posted something and either Baz or Ped, can’t remember which, copied my post word for word and posted it on their Twitter account.

Their post got hundreds of likes and retweets.

Mine got like 10 likes.

The bastards.

Suspected as much mate - to many of our weird counter arguments on here, end up on the podcast - cant be any other bigger weirdos out there, then us on here.

You know what I thought was dead funny, when you spent years furiously batting away suggestions that Dyche favours Premier League experience, and then he sat down in a press conference and told us that he does :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don’t half over exaggerate. I seem to remember arguing against people that claimed ‘he doesn’t play young players’ when we have had Branthwaite McNeil Iroegbunam Garner all playing regularly and he’s given prem game time to Dixon Armstrong Simms. It’s not the same as arguing about whether he prefers prem experience or not.

You know what I thought was dead funny? When you were made up with yourself for predicting we’d be relegated and started bragging about how early you’d predicted it…and then we stayed up.

PED isn't stupid, he knows what gets clicks and likes and that generates money.

He's not particularly bothered about being liked or what people think of his opinion. Fair play to him, he has catered for his target audience

Yeah thats fair mate, if lads enjoy it fill your boots, not for me - but as said find John Blaine good.

Last edited:
I’m not surprised one bit you like echo one 😂😂😂

Might be getting it confused with The Blue Room - whatever one Paddy Boyland is on - though i think hes been on them all bar toffee tv.

I dont mind Joe Thomas either, was quite surprised by the Echo podcast to be honest, its much better then their print reporting, id ignored it for a while on that basis, but its decent enough if your stuck driving home.

You don’t half over exaggerate. I seem to remember arguing against people that claimed ‘he doesn’t play young players’ when we have had Branthwaite McNeil Iroegbunam Garner all playing regularly and he’s given prem game time to Dixon Armstrong Simms. It’s not the same as arguing about whether he prefers prem experience or not.

You know what I thought was dead funny? When you were made up with yourself for predicting we’d be relegated and started bragging about how early you’d predicted it…and then we stayed up.

Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might be getting it confused with The Blue Room - whatever one Paddy Boyland is on - though i think hes been on them all bar toffee tv.

I dont mind Joe Thomas either, was quite surprised by the Echo podcast to be honest, its much better then their print reporting, id ignored it for a while on that basis, but its decent enough if your stuck driving home.
I don’t like it because, they are scared to criticise anybody at the club, Chris beesely criticised the fans last year who want better than dyche , him and Joe Thomas constantly stick up for dyche, banging the drum for him to get a new contract and lead us out at BMD. The likes of Beesley, kirkbride, O’keefe, prentice and probably a few others going back 20yrs, basically protected kenwright and he got us in mess we’re now.

Even when he was alive a few years ago, beesley wouldn’t even mention his name, on pods when the crap was hitting the fan. Liverpool journalists would have got kenwright out after 10yrs.

They defo are on here, or at least used to be.

I remember a few years back I posted something and either Baz or Ped, can’t remember which, copied my post word for word and posted it on their Twitter account.

Their post got hundreds of likes and retweets.

Mine got like 10 likes.

The bastards.

You should’ve put an Alan Ball wig, took a photo of yourself on a park bench somewhere in your undies and you’d have got loads of likes in the old footy players thread.

Nah you're just a meme that's all.

Trying to praise Dyche for giving Harrison Armstrong PL minutes as a way to say it's not always about experience with him.

That whole 1 minute he's played.
Also only reason dixon played was he was the last option available as dyche was desperate due to injuries , that's not equivocal to seeing a viable youth talent and giving him an opportunity over other fit players 😂

I don’t like it because, they are scared to criticise anybody at the club, Chris beesely criticised the fans last year who want better than dyche , him and Joe Thomas constantly stick up for dyche, banging the drum for him to get a new contract and lead us out at BMD. The likes of Beesley, kirkbride, O’keefe, prentice and probably a few others going back 20yrs, basically protected kenwright and he got us in mess we’re now.

Even when he was alive a few years ago, beesley wouldn’t even mention his name, on pods when the crap was hitting the fan. Liverpool journalists would have got kenwright out after 10yrs.

Thats fair enough mate, each to their own, personally i dont go on on either media or listen/read journalists to make my mind up or want them to agree with me, to be honest, i go on to have a thought or two provoked.

There is a difference between media and journalism, Toffee TV is media, the likes of Paddy Boyland is journalism, with Media i think you can be partisan, journalism you have to be objective even despite your own opinions, especially if you aren't doing editorials.

I'm naturally suspicious of all media and i don't use it to form opinion as far as i am self aware - but i do enjoy listening to variety of media, even bad media - toffee tv is so bad it actually entertaining - but fair to the lads - to give them credit they do a great job posting the manager press conference and a said John Blaine is very good, everything else is just howl at the moon in my opinion, but if lads like fill your boots, i think a lot in this thread do - i see the same points in here the following day after one of their pods.

Thats fair enough mate, each to their own, personally i dont go on on either media or listen/read journalists to make my mind up or want them to agree with me, to be honest, i go on to have a thought or two provoked.

There is a difference between media and journalism, Toffee TV is media, the likes of Paddy Boyland is journalism, with Media i think you can be partisan, journalism you have to be objective even despite your own opinions, especially if you aren't doing editorials.

I'm naturally suspicious of all media and i don't use it to form opinion as far as i am self aware - but i do enjoy listening to variety of media, even bad media - toffee tv is so bad it actually entertaining - but fair to the lads - to give them credit they do a great job posting the manager press conference and a said John Blaine is very good, everything else is just howl at the moon in my opinion, but if lads like fill your boots, i think a lot in this thread do - i see the same points in here the following day after one of their pods.
I get what you say about journalists doing thier jobs, but the echo journalists didn’t do their job, because they knew what was going on, but protected people like kenwright. Prentice and his Mrs sat in the directors box next to kenwright for years.
And then he got a cushy job at the club.

I agree about John Blaine, always an interesting listen

I get what you say about journalists doing thier jobs, but the echo journalists didn’t do their job, because they knew what was going on, but protected people like kenwright. Prentice and his Mrs sat in the directors box next to kenwright for years.
And then he got a cushy job at the club.

I agree about John Blaine, always an interesting listen

Yeah wouldn't disagree with that mate, The Echo will always cozy up to the club, they wont bite the hand that feeds them and its in their interests to maintain relationships, like Myers at SSN. Unfortunately that's how much of it works unfortunately. Giulia Bould is the same and she's a decent journo.

Think we can all accept that. Still the pod isn't bad, its mostly about football and they do have access to players and let stuff drop off the record - they did a bit on Keane over the last week or so and an insight into his position at the club and his reactions etc.

Actually gave Toffee TV a chance a chance on the way - it hurt my ears - its not for me - but heard - think it was that Ped lad saying (cant tell the difference between them) - the club had been in touch with DCL agency a few weeks ago and they haven't responded to the club at all. Poor if true.

Last edited:
PED isn't stupid, he knows what gets clicks and likes and that generates money.

He's not particularly bothered about being liked or what people think of his opinion. Fair play to him, he has catered for his target audience

Id disagree, ped is thick as pig dung, just he had his mate over on redmen tv baby stepping him from very early on with how to run a fan channel.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back