Transfer Rumour Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see it unless Newcastle sign a better midfielder - in which case, why aren’t we trying to sign that player instead..
Because we spaffed our wad 5 years ago - and Newcastle haven't spaffed theirs yet

They'll be resigning him from us in 2027

The glorious circle of modern football

I'm not totally against this because I haven't seen quite enough of him. I just disagree with spending some of our limited budget when he will be available on a free in a few months. We will also have a new manager by that point, because Benitez isn't going to be here next season.

Feels similar to the response to Martinez taking Janes McCarthy from Wigan. Yet, bar for injuries, was a decent signing.

I've not paid much attention to this kid, but if he only plays for Benitez that's a worry. We've got enough who find and lose form under different coaches.
James McCarthy was brilliant in his first season. There again that season the whole team were. Some of the best football I've seen from an Everton side in my adult life. One thing is we had Barry in the midfield as well. We don't have anyone of his ability/leadership level in our team now. Shame Roberto never learnt how to set up a defence.

I'm not against this signing, he's near the end of his contract, so shouldn't be expensive. If he is an improvement on any of the other midfielders who are nearly always injured then why not? This season as proved we have a paper thin squad. I'm expecting a squad player with the hope will come good.

You know the drill on here - unless he has a sexy foreign name or does cruyff turns in his own box he aint good enough for 15th place Everton.
He can’t get into the 19th team and look at his stats please, he plays like 20 odd games per season. He never get involved in any England setup in any level. How can he improve this team?

I'm not totally against this. I just disagree with spending some of our limited budget when he will be available on a free in a few months
Don't forget Bosman players usually get higher wages. Might actually save us a bit of money in the long run buying now. The lower the wages, the more chance of shifting him on if he isn't any good. How many of our players are still here because no one in Europe can afford to pay them? Good thing is there are a few out of contract in the summer.

He can’t get into the 19th team and look at his stats please, he plays like 20 odd games per season. He never get involved in any England setup in any level. How can he improve this team?
He can follow Benitez' instructions, which is more than some of the current squad I suppose.

You know the drill on here - unless he has a sexy foreign name or does cruyff turns in his own box he aint good enough for 15th place Everton.

Not at all.

He broke through under Benitez and had the "Oooh he looks good for a young player" look about him (remember Davies against City?)

United "mooted" to buy him, doesn't mean they wanted to as they instead trusted McTominay. He's not at McTominay level or Harry Winks' level (2 players who people would turn their nose up at)

Since then... torpedoed downhill. Can't even stake a claim in an awful Newcastle side. He's 24. He's basically should be an established player.

He's bang to less than average who runs lots. But hey, he's cheap and Raffa loves him which are the only positives in him because as a player there aren't many.

Status
Not open for further replies.