Transfer Thread Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand the fuss surrounding him, he will come really cheap, and has been tested by Benitez as dmf, and Benitez is really good at developing players in that very particular position. Also he is young. Not a bad deal at all imo.
Benitez ‘tested’ him for all of 13 games several seasons ago, he has impressed no one since then. He has failed to establish himself in what has been a poor barcodes team for multiple seasons under 2 managers.
24 may seem young but when your entire worth hangs on about 2months of decent performances when you were about 20 I’d say you’ve already peaked.
He’d be a waste of wage.

I think this is unlikely to happen until the summer unless Newcastle suddenly become a lot more successful in the transfer market than they have so far.

They are not going to get a big fee for Longstaff so it may be better for them to keep him and hope he can help keep them in the league which would be worth a lot more than a small transfer fee.
I think you will be right about this, unless they sign new midfielders they need Longstaff in their squad more than the money. He has been rubbish for them but Newcastle are not blessed with good Centre midfielders.

Benitez ‘tested’ him for all of 13 games several seasons ago, he has impressed no one since then. He has failed to establish himself in what has been a poor barcodes team for multiple seasons under 2 managers.
24 may seem young but when your entire worth hangs on about 2months of decent performances when you were about 20 I’d say you’ve already peaked.
He’d be a waste of wage.
Unless injured permanently , I don't see a reason why a 24 year old can't attain the form that he has shown just 2 seasons back.

Unless injured permanently , I don't see a reason why a 24 year old can't attain the form that he has shown just 2 seasons back.
I'm not massively against Longstaff playing under Benitez, he obviously rates him and has a plan for how he will be most effective.

The problem is Benitez will be gone sooner or later and then we will be left with a bloke who nobody else seems to rate.

He’s the Newcastle Tom Davies. We already have the Everton Tom Davies. Really don’t need another one. Expand your scouting network Everton. The state of this…

I'm not massively against Longstaff playing under Benitez, he obviously rates him and has a plan for how he will be most effective.

The problem is Benitez will be gone sooner or later and then we will be left with a bloke who nobody else seems to rate.
Yes agree on that, and Rafael will most likely be off by summer, even if he manages to turn it around and finish around 8-10 , he would still leave. May be thats why moshiri pushed for Ghazi and probably wouldn't saction longstaff unless he comes in cheap.

I dont understand the fuss surrounding him, he will come really cheap, and has been tested by Benitez as dmf, and Benitez is really good at developing players in that very particular position. Also he is young. Not a bad deal at all imo.
1 million or on a free we’ve done worse(iwobi)

The missing piece in the jigsaw
Screenshot_20220114-194902_Samsung Internet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.