Shareholders Association force EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infrastructure is the perfect word to use. Essential and important sounding enough that it's unable to be dismissed as irrelevant, but also vague enough to be meaningless when it comes to accounting for the actual money. I'd be very surprised if the "investment" amounted to anything immediately tangible.

£2m on a new pitch...and Elstone said Martinez is absolutely thrilled about it...wait until he finds out what his transfer budget is.

One of the biggest 'assets' is that last season we were the 6th best team in the best football league in the world, with probably the smallest debt of the top six. 'Potential' is an asset. We have a big fanbase...not as big and as generous as the top four, for a variety of reasons but nevertheless a fanbase which could be sold more.£120 million is just about one and a half times our current turnover, with an extra 30 million approx. guaranteed for the next three years at least. So £120 million is at the bottom end of an acceptable price.Our problem is the money that needs to be spent on the stadium...thats infrastructure, which was highlighted in tonights meeting, but the playing side is vitally important so that we can at least maintain, and hopefully improve our position.Investment in players and recruitment was also mentioned tonight.
To a point, ticket prices ,transfer fees, and other increased costs/revenue reflect inflation.In the business of football inflation is way way above the inflation in the countrys economy. How nuch is a pie and a pint now, compared with 20 years ago?

True from a footballing perspective, not a business one. From that perspective we've been a wise investment oppurtunity since ~2007. Think about it mate, if our performance on the pitch and fanbase we're good assets as one would assume, why haven't we been sold yet?

Chico pointed out to me just then that they mean keeping it in line with safety regulations when they refer to infrastructure, so fair enough. But I don't think a Goodison Park in keeping with safety regulations is a good asset for someone to invest in.

I think they said it would be very unlikely that there would be any new stadium happenings over the next five years so they need to keep the existing thing ticking over. They were telling us it would fail it's safety licenses five years though.

Ahh I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back