Shareholders Association force EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before, and perhaps someone can clarify this for me, something still bugs me:

It was stated we've had serious talks over a site for a new stadium.

HOWEVER, it was also stated that much of the TV money would go into developing infrastructure at Goodison. If we're looking to move, what's the point. Seems like a cheap excuse to withold tranfer/wage money to me. But like I said, maybe someone can clear this up for me.

I'd say one of the major points they'd wanted to have got over there tonight was the business over the extra cash and jumping firmly on top of any notion it'd be for team building. Job done for them in that respect. Kenwright will be traveling back down to Euston right now quietly smiling at their night's effort.

I'd say one of the major points they'd wanted to have got over there tonight was the business over the extra cash and jumping firmly on top of any notion it'd be for team building. Job done for them in that respect. Kenwright will be traveling back down to Euston right now quietly smiling at their night's effort.

'The first consideration will be investment in the playing staff and recruitment'

Could be worse if we were Newcastle......current debt owed to be £267m.

I think that figure is just everything that Ashley has put into the club, including buying it, paying off debt and buying players...he wants it all back apparently. I think they do have a high debt but nowhere near 267m

I think that figure is just everything that Ashley has put into the club, including buying it, paying off debt and buying players...he wants it all back apparently. I think they do have a high debt but nowhere near 267m
It's not just the debt, either. Ashley has completely betrayed that club and its supporters.

I'm far from a Kenwright fan, but I'd take him all day over Mike Ashley and his Sports Direct/Wonga Empire run by Joe Kinnear.

Yep, apparently 20 mil back in 2000 (which is the year I believe he bought the club ) translates to 28.53 mil now. According to this: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...tion-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html

Obviously our club is now worth more than 28 mil but 120 mil is quite frankly ridiculous.

Youre talking 'normal' inflation. Inflation in football is at least 3 times that of inflation in the economy. I've already quoted the inflation in transfer fees, which is even higher, as are players wages. Simple test....waht was the price of a season ticket in the first year of the Prem, compared with this season. I don't know, but some posters will.How much has that price 'inflated' ?

It's not just the debt, either. Ashley has completely betrayed that club and its supporters.

I'm far from a Kenwright fan, but I'd take him all day over Mike Ashley and his Sports Direct/Wonga Empire run by Joe Kinnear.

Mike Ashley is a puzzle. He's obviously a successful businessman yet he seems to go out of his way to make every mistake possible in running Newcastle.

Youre talking 'normal' inflation. Inflation in football is at least 3 times that of inflation in the economy. I've already quoted the inflation in transfer fees, which is even higher, as are players wages. Simple test....what was the price of a season ticket in the first year of the Prem, compared with this season. I don't know, but some posters will.How much has that price 'inflated' ?

I'm not sure about season tickets, but I think the price of a stand ticket in 1992 was around £7.

Mike Ashley is a puzzle. He's obviously a successful businessman yet he seems to go out of his way to make every mistake possible in running Newcastle.
Sports Direct is the sort of business where no one cares about the customer. Their product is so cheap, people will shop there no matter how awful the experience.

He takes the same approach with NUFC: the fans are going to keep coming no matter what he does, so he might as well go for whatever makes the most money. The fans be damned.

The Kinnear situation, though, is surely just about forcing Pardew out without a pay-off.

So we should all be grateful that these tw*ts who've financially wrecked the club,don't take a wage??

BK 'raped'??

'We we're talking to this person, that person, the other person just last night'. 'Site for a new stadium indentified'. 'Kitblag deal good for the club'.

Spin spin and more spin. Nothing new. Nothing learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back