Shareholders Association force EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and how long ago was that, and what has inflation been like in the business of football since then ? I bought a bungalow in 1974 for £7000.....wouldnt take less than £180k for it now. I must be a REAL profiteer! Get real.
Just one example of 'football inflation' which generally runs at about 3 times 'normal' inflation....average transfer fee at the start of the Premier League was £500,000....last year it was FIVE MILLION.Thats a 20 times increase!!

Bears no resemblance to the value of a club though.

****ing disgracefull comment by kenwright, how dare he use them words, there are men and women and children out there who have been to hell through being raped, cant beleive he used that.

Theatrical licence Joe. Was a bit surprised by the description myself.

****ing disgracefull comment by kenwright, how dare he use them words, there are men and women and children out there who have been to hell through being raped, cant beleive he used that.

Very distasteful from someone representing shareholders, may hear more about this.

it's 'funny', I don't, for one minute, fear Martinez ruining this club now or in the immediate future. the board, however, I'm certain they will. just awful business men...

In all fairness your Bungalow is probably better now than it was in 1974. As opposed to Everton which are currently operating at a loss and have no assets except our players pretty much. While those players are much better than the ones we had when Kenwright bought us, it still doesn't account for an asking price of 120 mil for me.

Our debt is one of the lower in the Premier League. Kenwrights Film Production Company made £14 million in 2009...this was almost the same amount that he recieved from Film Financing for making a film featuring Michelle Pfeiffer, so effectively when that was repaid he broke even. He is not as rich by far as, for example, the chairman of Stoke City, or the chairman of Norwich(the cook...if she's still chairman)Newcastle, accoring to Ashley yesterday, will only be sold if he's offered close to £270 million.The RS were sold by the liquidators(barclays?) at a knock down price around 3 times the Everton supposed price. With 30million a seasson coming in additional tv income(approx) £120 million is a steal.

'Roberto was having supper last night with Robert Earl'.

I hope Martinez checked his pockets for his wallet on the way out.

Yep, apparently 20 mil back in 2000 (which is the year I believe he bought the club ) translates to 28.53 mil now. According to this: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...tion-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html

Obviously our club is now worth more than 28 mil but 120 mil is quite frankly ridiculous.

Quite. I am no expert in this, but he didnt buy the CLUB. He, and his mates at the time, bought the majority share holding. Not quite the same thing.

I have no idea how you could value the club now, but, at the end of the day, it is what someone is willing to pay for it, based on either an alturistic manner, (unlikely), or the return you would make. (Dubious).

Our debt is one of the lower in the Premier League. Kenwrights Film Production Company made £14 million in 2009...this was almost the same amount that he recieved from Film Financing for making a film featuring Michelle Pfeiffer, so effectively when that was repaid he broke even. He is not as rich by far as, for example, the chairman of Stoke City, or the chairman of Norwich(the cook...if she's still chairman)Newcastle, accoring to Ashley yesterday, will only be sold if he's offered close to £270 million.The RS were sold by the liquidators(barclays?) at a knock down price around 3 times the Everton supposed price. With 30million a seasson coming in additional tv income(approx) £120 million is a steal.

Which is why they are knocking buyers back and thinking of holding an auction then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back