Shareholders Association force EGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 3m

Kenwright is asked how much the board had invested in the club. He responds that wages (ie not taking them) is "a colossal investment".

David Prentice ‏@prenno 1m

"But how much have board invested in the business?" We don't take a wage says Bill Kenwright which equates to an investment.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh hahahahahahahahahhaha

Imagine another premier league chairman saying nobody on the board has any money to put into the club, what a joke! :lol:

Also lol

19.20: BK: "I've never taken a penny in wages out of the Club and that won't change."

Yes Bill, but you're looking for a 500% return on your investment you idiot.

And as soon as it gets interesting it's all over. From bottom to top for all you non-twitter people.

fps50vE.jpg

haha proof that Moyes hates youngsters...

David Prentice ‏@prenno 2m

Michael Owen manages to squeeze one more in .... Why are we not in the NextGen competition?

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 1m

Elstone says Everton will be in the NextGen in future. Kenwright says "the previous regime" hadn't been keen to enter.

David Prentice ‏@prenno 1m

The previous regime didn't want t do it, says BK, but Alan Irvine has now been given go ahead to push for entry into next competition.

Quote from Prenno at meeting:

"1st class network of advisers, agents, bankers etc are all out there seeking investment. Reasons it hasn't come to fruition is not price."

The old adage "telling is not selling" applies. This statement oozes like a slippery eel addressing the mysterious years of no sale as "not the price guv!" but notably avoiding the phrase "for sale" - "investment" is a massively different game.

Playing fast and loose as usual ....

Is the place for sale? (probably not)

IF it is -how much?

The answers to these 2 questions are all that matters - if awaiting a mug to gift them cash while they remain in charge or pay a ludicrous profit on shares from over a decade ago it just isn't right - it hasn't happened and very likely isn't going to.

Meanwhile certain clubs leave us behind and others are catching us from afar - deserve the fate of the Sheffield's, Coventry's, Derby's etc if we sit back and clap.

They bought the club for 20 mil, and if you remember back in March I think the club was priced at 120 mil.

...and how long ago was that, and what has inflation been like in the business of football since then ? I bought a bungalow in 1974 for £7000.....wouldnt take less than £180k for it now. I must be a REAL profiteer! Get real.
Just one example of 'football inflation' which generally runs at about 3 times 'normal' inflation....average transfer fee at the start of the Premier League was £500,000....last year it was FIVE MILLION.Thats a 20 times increase!!

Last edited:

...and how long ago was that, and what has inflation been like in the business of football since then ? I bought a bungalow in 1974 for £7000.....wouldnt take less than £180k for it now. I must be a REAL profiteer! Get real.

In all fairness your Bungalow is probably better now than it was in 1974. As opposed to Everton which are currently operating at a loss and have no assets except our players pretty much. While those players are much better than the ones we had when Kenwright bought us, it still doesn't account for an asking price of 120 mil for me.

thought it would last longer. surprised know one asked about cock up about badge and why we are always last club to put new kit on sale

Leaves more stuff unanswered that! Going on about a "Piece of land " for new stadium, but no idea how they would fund a build.

No real positive stuff that would make you want to buy the club, other than, "havnt we done well despite no cash".

No directors have cash to inject. Really? I mean REALLY?

Our main source of overseas income seems to be a gameshow in China!! And these guys are meant to be serious businessmen?

Well at least they didnt make up the latest "serious foreign investment syndicate in the wings" BS this time.

I really want to believe that a lot of the anti board stuff on here is wrong, but I am a convert after following that. It sort of reminded me of a Jeremy Kyle show, when he is talking to a useless Dad, whose only response to his uselessness is "well, I do the best I can, but its not my fault."

And that ends tonight's masterclass: 'How to Defend the Indefensible'

Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you all again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back