Shokran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see what the problem is, we have always had good defenders, its not like he was Baresi back in the day, what should Moyes have done, played a kid at the back when the defenders we had were doing a job?

Fair play to the kid for going elsewhere and doing well for himself.

He should have dropped Jags. He'll be 50 in 18 years, ffs.

Erm, weren't Jags and Baines released at youth level? Shawcross couldn't get games at United for instance.

Sometimes it takes a severe knock to the system for players to either shape up and prove themselves or to become stubborn enough to persist persist persist.
Ian Wright was released because he was considered too small, went of to be a plasterer and was really bad so rocked up for Palace. The game is littered with players that never made it or cloggers that somehow did - that the academies seem to still focus on game practice and getting bigger and stronger instead of technique, composure and decision making is a big factor in which select group is inclined to make it.

You can dress a pig in a suit but you cannot stop him oinking.

Erm, weren't Jags and Baines released at youth level? Shawcross couldn't get games at United for instance.

Sometimes it takes a severe knock to the system for players to either shape up and prove themselves or to become stubborn enough to persist persist persist.
Ian Wright was released because he was considered too small, went of to be a plasterer and was really bad so rocked up for Palace. The game is littered with players that never made it or cloggers that somehow did - that the academies seem to still focus on game practice and getting bigger and stronger instead of technique, composure and decision making is a big factor in which select group is inclined to make it.

You can dress a pig in a suit but you cannot stop him oinking.

il_570xN.146174806.jpg

I wasn't being a twit I was being genuine he seems to pick defenders out. He was a former defender himself he must see it in them. That's why when he was at united and their defence was in shambles I couldn't believe it.

Convinced that was to do with old Trafford hierarchy. If they let him really get on with things how he wanted in sure he'd have sured it up. There attacking players would have sufficed but they needed to bring in a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back