Shokran Mustafi

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt make the final cut for the 23 man squad
david_moyes_smile_1154650c.jpg

Moyes should be a scout for defenders he obviously has an eye for them.

Given the thread, I assume you are kidding, and if that is true, that is insane.

Our defense was great last year, and alcaraz was theonly player NOT scouted and brought in by Moyes. He actually did very well with defensive players, either by shrewd business moves (distin, jags, baines) or unearthing some gems/steals of young players (lescott, rodwell, Coleman, Stones) and most believe Browning, Garbutt, and Duffy are all ready or close to making the jump.

Now if you want to say that Moyes may not have given the the chance or proper coaching to get the most out of them, that may be fair, but as a scout of talent, few managers can match his body of work... Even if he missed on mustafi. I don't remember a huge outcry over him at the time. Maybe that was just a scenario where someone needed a new venue to thrive.

Given the thread, I assume you are kidding, and if that is true, that is insane.

Our defense was great last year, and alcaraz was theonly player NOT scouted and brought in by Moyes. He actually did very well with defensive players, either by shrewd business moves (distin, jags, baines) or unearthing some gems/steals of young players (lescott, rodwell, Coleman, Stones) and most believe Browning, Garbutt, and Duffy are all ready or close to making the jump.

Now if you want to say that Moyes may not have given the the chance or proper coaching to get the most out of them, that may be fair, but as a scout of talent, few managers can match his body of work... Even if he missed on mustafi. I don't remember a huge outcry over him at the time. Maybe that was just a scenario where someone needed a new venue to thrive.

I wasn't being a twit I was being genuine he seems to pick defenders out. He was a former defender himself he must see it in them. That's why when he was at united and their defence was in shambles I couldn't believe it.

I dont see what the problem is, we have always had good defenders, its not like he was Baresi back in the day, what should Moyes have done, played a kid at the back when the defenders we had were doing a job?

Fair play to the kid for going elsewhere and doing well for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back