Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends on what's gone on behind the scenes but I trust Martinez to make the right call on this because he's never stroke me as a vindictive man in any respect but a fair minded and forgiving person.

I wouldn't play him. Love what he has done for the club on the field in the past, but its time to move on. Maybe put him on the bench at best.

still blame him for that back pass in the semi final :(

Jesus, every fecking player here has made awful mistakes, it's part of the game, so why is he the only one for whom it isn't brushed under the carpet?

It's not like he made loads either. I get the occasion was part of it, but it gets brought up even more than Neville's backpass in the 3-0 Wigan defeat, which was even worse given the context of it being Wigan and Neville being awful all season long. Madness.

People have never liked Distin, and his years of good service didn't change their minds, they just kept them quiet until the past 6 months. I don't know what it is about him people never liked, that prompted things like calling him "Dustbin", but honestly's it's embarrassing how every player is judged with totally different standards.

absolutely not.

He isn't some great player, or evertonian, he hasn't won anything for us and he hasn't been anything like a cult hero to Everton.

He's just been a player who took a big wage off of us, and refused to accept he wasn't good enough when his body couldn't keep up to it.

He'll be applauded like the rest of the squad at the lap of honour.

He isn't in our future so i'd rather have Galloway get game time than him.

I remember when he played a perfect through ball to Suarez to help put us out of the FA Cup at Wembley. Superb pass tbh.

Been a good player for us, not really my kind of defender, but ultimately he should be regarded as a success, in terms of him getting a game to say goodbye I have to say that would frustrate me, given that martinez has been unwilling to give players who will play a part next season some game time, as he obviously feels that puts the points available at risk

Meat and potatoes CB. Not exactly Ratcliffe is he. Giving him a final farewell game would be cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back