Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feeling about it but think he has done an incredible job for us when we needed a strong foundation to build our rise back from relegation battle after relegation battle. He has made some mistakes, but no more than anyone else... I know that other pro's rate him right up there. Carlos Tevez once said that he was the only centre half he feared and was unplayable when on form due to his size, strength, pace and ability in the air. Not a bad reference on your CV. We have a great crop of younger defenders coming through (Garbutt, Galloway, Stones, Browning) and yes we should look forward to them... But we are Everton Football Club and part of who we are is to recognise those that have played in the blue shirt with pride, passion and wanted to win for us. Personally, I think that he found his "Home" with us and played his best football in an Everton shirt and his upset/spat I think shows his hurt for not playing. I'd give him a few mins to stir the crowd. I think he's a true blue and has earned that right.

Hopefully its the likes of ledson and long and such who get a few minutes instead against spurs

Personally I like Martinez rise above all the BS, give him his five minutes, shake his hand, wish him luck, and send him on his way.

Mind you, Distin being the stroppy bugger that he is, he probably come on and give away a penalty, then score an own goal, and finish with a lap of honour giving the fans a double two finger wave in the process.

Not in terms of just playing him for the sake of it, I'd rather see Galloway or Browning given another game to help develop them for next season, they are the future.

If anyone wants to say goodbye to Distin then stay behind for the lap of honour and clap him.

No. I have always liked Distin but don't think we should play him just because he's leaving. He has the lap of honour at the end to say goodbye.

Played 209 games

That's a good haul to be fair

Not bad for 5 Million, considering how much we got for Lescott

A good piece of business from Moyes and, this season aside, he always did well for us

I'd like to see him get a run out for a few minutes

Start Galloway and then have Distin come on towards the end

It would be like a passing of the torch

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back