Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very worrying. We're showing all the hallmarks of relegation fodder: no fight, poorly organised and we're struggling to score goals. Roberto took a lot of hammerings at Wigan and if City give us a good pasting it could put a lot of pressure on Kenwright to act.

I still think Martinez is the right man for the job but we can't afford to get sucked into a relegation battle. Three centrebacks made sense today so that we can afford to send Coleman and Baines forward without getting too exposed but Jags is just coming back from injury, Barry is out of position and is almost finished and Alcaraz has never looked comfortable. And then we're asking the inexperienced Besic to cover a lot of ground in midfield. A fully fit trio of Jags, Stones and Distin should handle it better. And McCarthy could handle being the anchor by himself.

We need to start keeping clean sheets and we need to start scrapping. Besic, Barry and McCarthy could potentially be our Dogs of War. If we start defending deeper it will give Lukaku the sort of space to run into that he enjoyed at West Brom and it should help to make Mirallas more effective too.

We've got the best squad that we've probably ever had and that's quite possibly made us over-confident. We've also had a lot of injuries. Important players from last season Barry and Distin now appear to be over the hill and this season's Player of the Year so far McCarthy has been a huge miss. We need to get back to basics and put an end to the losing streak. It doesn't matter if we park the bus against City. If we take a beating it will be very damaging for our confidence though.

It's still a no from me. It's been a poor, poor season in every aspect. We've not reached anywhere near last seasons standards, we can't defend' we aren't creative, we struggle to score and we appear low on fight and determination. I would give him till the end if the season to see if he has the ability to turn it round.....my gut feeling is he will, but it's hard to base it on anything other than gut feeling.
Kenwright is not a hiring -firing Chairman so I don't see it Robertos future being mentioned in any seriousness around the Club yet.
My concern is how players can turn so poor - it can't just be tactics and selections - they are professional sportsmen. They surely have some self-pride, and if nothing else would want to show themselves in a positive light if they are looking for an exit.

No chance he deserves a chance not his fault with the massive decline in howard barry jags and distin pienarr he deserves his chance he needs to be backed in the transfer window so we can address these problems but he needs to drop players like barry ect who dont deserve to start if they arent playing well dont think we can get a better manager in. hopefully he fans realise that tursday is a massive game and back the manger and the team we are not like the rs

CONCEDING A SIMPLE GOAL SHOULD NOT AFFECT US TOO MUCH !!! THAT'S THE PROBLEM HERE.
I'm not excusing him, but when we do concede a goal we appear to lose any shape, cohesion or confidence. Yet, simply that's his problem!

People on here keep mentioning that we should not pay too much attention to his post match interviews. It's merely rhetoric. It's for the press.

They say, he must be different behinds the scenes. Sorry, the evidence is slowly but surely building up that this may not be correct.

Sometimes you need to face up the facts that we're not doing things right. The fans are becoming restless. People are not happy.

What is worse, the players appear as if they are clearly being effected as there is no passion, guile or determination.

Is he different behind the scenes? I'd say no; that's why the players aren't doing what they should be on the pitch. They're not being led.

A leopard can't change his spots. Martinez cannot change his approach or mentality. The players need a kick up the...

Lot's of over optimism on her unfortunately. Complete drivel on the pitch total, and the same drivel talked by RM afterwards. Lets face facts, Bobby can't or won't change, so come May I really believe we'll be looking into the abyss unless Kenwright gets shot of him now. My only worry is who would come in at this stage and install some fight and passion in the team. We've missed the boat I think, with Pulis now at WBA.

What else do you expect him to say?

I want him to say :

"Look lads, ive fcked up big time here, the players are all bein little pissy tarts and ive tried to switch things abar, but it hasnt quite worked out, but dont worry, im gonna get these clowns in for training tomorrow and make them watch videos all day of the 84/85 team. Then im gonna start picking proper teams with players in proper formations."

That really.

Voted no but could change my mind by the end of Jan. The changes aren't being made. Maybe he feels they wouldn't make much of a difference. One of my major concerns is how jaded we've looked- not helped by such an ageing squad. We've got to rebuild in virtually all areas. If he doesn't make any changes in January, either tactically or in the transfer market, and we look just as poor (even with a win or two) then I'll be calling for his head. With the quality that we do have who aren't over the hill, I don't think it would take the most amazing manager to turn it around to be fair!

This is what I said in the last poll. I've now changed to wanting him gone. As much as I really want him to do well and enjoyed last season, the past three games have shown not only that he looks as though he doesn't know what changes to make, but the players have no faith or are confused by anything he does do. It's been absolutely disgraceful really. The players are ageing and don't seem to care, and Martinez seems blissfully unaware. I don't think I trust him to make any more changes and definitely not to spend significant funds in this window. We've got some massive games this month including Liverpool and Chelsea and a chance to replace a load of dead wood in the squad. Mess these next few weeks up and I fear any recovery will be a bridge too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back