Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. This is all about players not giving a ****.

He needs to get a few in through the door and turf that centre of defence out for a kick off.

This has less to do with Martinez and more to do with players who aren't putting it in.

Its Utd last season

They don't rate/want him

I voted no, but I can not give any logic to back up my vote. I really couldn't care about the West Ham match. Even the Europa League pales into insignificance compared to me concerns for the league.

In situations like this you would look to the city match as being a possible catalyst. Top team coming to Goodison, beat them and kick start our season.

However, I think something seriously bad has happened behind the scenes. It's not just the fact we have lost four on the bounce, it is who we have lost to and the performances:

1) Southampton (struggling with confidence at the time)
2) Stoke
3) Newcastle (struggling with confidence at the time)
4) Hull (struggling with confidence at the time)

Not exactly top teams and we have looked well short. I back him for now (and I don't know why), but we can not be dragged into a relegation fight come February. From the team he inherited to the money he has spent that would be totally unacceptable.

Last season does not buy him a relegation fight this year. Unless things start to improve by the time the West Brom match is over, he goes. No competent manager should be in a relegation fight with this squad of players. It's not good enough at Everton. The expectations are higher than Wigan.

Every manager has a position where their job becomes untenable. For Moyes at United that was 7/8. For Martinez it is dragging Everton from a consistently top 7 team into relegation strugglers.

We don't just need to change the manager, we need new players! Doing both will cost money, and i'm not sure Kenwright will act.

It's very concerning, because we are looking like the second worst team in the league at the moment.
To be honest on todays performance we are the worst on present form.

How many times do you see a cup run being the springboard back into a season?

We'll do them next week, City will be tough, but if we get a bounce out of the WHU game we can unsettle them.

The only hope I have is city won't respect us and play their own game and not stifle us. Its also up to the players will they give us 100%. I'm putting this down to fitness levels, Moyes would have our players totally 100% Fit, where Martinez is more relaxed.

How many times do you see a cup run being the springboard back into a season?

We'll do them next week, City will be tough, but if we get a bounce out of the WHU game we can unsettle them.
I love the optimism but I'm really struggling to see where goals and wins are coming from,he's shown himself as clueless today

He needs to get a few in through the door and turf that centre of defence out for a kick off.

This has less to do with Martinez and more to do with players who aren't putting it in.
The buck finishes with the manager.
It appears to me as though, he's lost the plot. This is more than a slump. It's turned into a free fall.

Remove your head from your backside and wake up and smell the roses.

He put Barry there today, Gareth Barry; a player i'm sure you are faster than, a player who was bullied for 90 minutes by Hernandez, a player who was allowed to stay in that same position to be bullied.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "We need to work as hard as we can. Yes we have some injuries, but we have the talent that we used so well last season. We know what we can achieve. We started well and once we conceded the goal the confidence dropped enormously. We need to find solutions internally. The quicker we get back to winning, the quicker we'll get rid of that low confidence.

"This is a challenging time but we need to look forward to the second half of the season. But clearly the performance today after letting the goal in was not up to the standards we expect. There's no panic but we're not happy. As a football club we can never accept the run of results that we've had. We're a football club that will find solutions and we'll try to bounce back straight away."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back