Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Should Martinez be sacked? (Post-Hull poll)

Should Martinez be sacked

• Yes

Votes: 294 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 509 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not yet, though he is sailing pretty close to the wind. It's gonna take a better football brain than me to work it out what needs to be done. But reading this forum I can see a lot of compelling arguments for each scenario of the team sheet and line up and who should and who should not be included based on current form, fitness, ability or lack of etc etc. One thing is for sure and I think we can all agree is that, we need 14 men every match day who are willing to grind it out, blood/sweat and win ugly for a few weeks, bring in the fancy dan tippy tappy when you are winning the 50/50's and actually competing with the opposition, you know I think Goodison park actually might just react to the players showing such effort. I'm not suggesting hoofing it, but at the right time it may just turn the opposition around and put them on the back foot.

Just thinking it over...when was the last time we put out the same side twice?

That's a big thing too. Nothing set and no cohesion

Any decent manager would just laugh at the budget and walk away. His decision to buy Lukaku for 28m mind blowing. Seen somewhere today Lukaku could be suffering from confidence. From what I've seen and heard from him is he wants to be the worlds best player and Everton are just a stepping stone, doesn't sound like lack of confidence more blowing smoke up his own arse.

I remember going to OT a few days before the 89 cup final

26,000 all chanting ferguson out,sack the board for 90 mins

Or is that before your memory serves you jim
Nope, I remember the Ron Atkinson days mate.

I never called for Fergies head as he had won big trophies with Aberdeen and I knew he would come good, also I was just a kid and was into the footy and not politics. People can harp on about Martin Edwards but Fergie made us what we are today.

I do have family who doubted Fergie though and I never let them forget.

I never wanted Moyes near our club though, I thought the world was playing a trick on me when I heard he was taking over at United.

Anyway, wrong thread for United chat. I know a lot of you hate us and that's fine - we like being hated and we would rather be hated and winning stuff than irrelevant or even worse a laughing stock like last season.

@bizzaro

"Appear when we are winning?"

What you on about now? I am still posting and we have just drawn two games.

Hugs,

Jim x

Last edited:

My worry is that in the past when we were in these positions there would always be a player returning from injury to inspire an upturn in fortune. Under Moyes generally when Arteta and Cahill were fit we'd play decent football. Some of the dross came when lineups were forced to include midfields of Neville Heitinga and Osman with Rodwell and Gueye on the flanks because of injury. Pienaar or Arteta would then return and suddenly we'd go on a good run.

Roberto has had lineups this season Moyes could only dream about. Who is there to return from injury that we would be confident would change how we play? No one. Stones and McCarthy would improve us but not revolutionise the team. I think we honestly miss some of Moyes' old players like Gibson Osman and Pienaar. Roberto wont have them as first choice but for me they're better footballers than Barry McGeady Naismith Barkley etc.

People that cannot embrace the need for change always concern me. Professionally I have always and will always learn and be able to self critique. To say you have the solution and refuse to accept that you may need to accept you were wrong, learn and change I find unacceptable for such a highly paid manager. It also seems very arrogant and short sighted. On current evidence I wouldn't employ him.

I do sincerely hope though that he proves me wrong and finds the solution.

Osman needs to be (and will be) back in the team as soon as possible.

I think the most likely scenario for us this season is that we continue to be fairly poor, go out of both cups, but have enough about us to at least stay in the division, maybe finishing say 14/15th

That would give us a very tricky dilemma in the summer I think.

I've seen some desperate Everton sides in my life but none that were struggling that possesses the ability that this squad does. So even if I'm a 'no' now, if he continues to not get results with the players at his disposal then that may change, but I hope not like cos I do love the suave get.

To be fair a few of us had some great sport on Redcafe when they were in sh1tstorm mode with our ex. :pint2:

Exactly! Some here can give it out but aren't too good at taking it when times are-a-tough!

You will be ok and not get relegated, not a chance. But the future will be very interesting if RM stays. He will have to prove that he can build a defence as he has failed at Wigan and is getting found out again at Everton.

It's a shame because last season you played the best football in the league at times so he is obviously talented.

My worry is that in the past when we were in these positions there would always be a player returning from injury to inspire an upturn in fortune. Under Moyes generally when Arteta and Cahill were fit we'd play decent football. Some of the dross came when lineups were forced to include midfields of Neville Heitinga and Osman with Rodwell and Gueye on the flanks because of injury. Pienaar or Arteta would then return and suddenly we'd go on a good run.

Roberto has had lineups this season Moyes could only dream about. Who is there to return from injury that we would be confident would change how we play? No one. Stones and McCarthy would improve us but not revolutionise the team. I think we honestly miss some of Moyes' old players like Gibson Osman and Pienaar. Roberto wont have them as first choice but for me they're better footballers than Barry McGeady Naismith Barkley etc.
I think for the reasons pointed out by Brownie the other day Pienaar would give us at least some foothold in a game to build moves. Not a game changer in and of itself so much as a missing part of the machine that we need to get things moving again.

Exactly! Some here can give it out but aren't too good at taking it when times are-a-tough!

You will be ok and not get relegated, not a chance. But the future will be very interesting if RM stays. He will have to prove that he can build a defence as he has failed at Wigan and is getting found out again at Everton.

It's a shame because last season you played the best football in the league at times so he is obviously talented.

Suppose they don't come on an Everton forum to have to take it off a United fan to be fair.

Anyway, did you post here last season during the Moyes season? I find it easier to give and take when things are going well like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back