Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp running out on the pitch for that injury time winner in the Derby was full of class and respect wasn't it?

They deserve no special treatment because they haven't shown us a jot of respect in years. It's just another opportunity for them to laugh in our faces.

Like winning the league for the first time in 30 years isn't enough for them.
Add to that klopp having a go at the young ballboy at goodison at the end last year. He's a class act!!!

Maybe you need to have a word with oneself. Honestly I’m lost for words for ANYONE having no problem even thinking about it. Ffs get a grip

If I'm getting worked up over football I'm more likely to be annoyed by their 3rd team beating us in the FA Cup. A gesture which is the norm for a side that has won the league just doesn't bother me. I understand why it does bother others but hey ho, that's life.

My latest view is that we should show our admiration and respect for their achievemnets by setting up a half time 'Fart of Honour'. Our XI players go to the centre circle before the start of the second period, link arms and push with all their might to be amplified around the ground. Imagine the recognition.....

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in thread as a I haven't read it all but when doing the stadium tour a couple of years back I'm sure our guide mentioned that every prem club visiting Goodison during the season we marked 100 years of top flight football brought a gift to mark the occasion. All bar one that is as the RS were the only club not to. Think we should show them the same disdain and in no way give them a goh.

I don't even see why anyone has to do this regardless. It was probably ok in the 50s when Sir Charles Charley Charles played but now it's more of a business and competitive. There is no friendly rivalry in football anymore.

Imagine being forced to do it, all the RS will save it to their phones forever and post it on social media, get t shirts with it on and never ever shut up about it. That Jamie Webster the "boss" scouser will make a song about it and Dave Kirby will do a cringeworthy poem about it if he has finally shut up about going to Rome on the train in 1977.

It's going to be bad enough about 2500 of them in the away end constantly goading us about being Champions and their ever so original 1995 chants. They will be looking for a reaction the whole game. Yet if one of us flips and there's trouble inside or outside the ground I wonder who will get the blame.

If any of our fans clap while this guard of honour happens they should receive a lifetime ban from Goodison. I'm being serious and I'll have a go at anyone around me in the Park End who claps them.

No way should we ever pander to this disgusting club ever again. The players were forced into sharing an open top bus with the RS in 1986 and loads of them felt uncomfortable, yet when Peter Reid refused to comply he gets called bitter and a sore loser. The last thing you want after losing out on 2 trophies is to go on a parade with the winners. But Everton got railroad into it.

Stop being plucky little Everton, stop pandering to the RS, I'm sick of this club just shrugging their shoulders and letting them dominate the city. We are Everton Football Club and we bow to nobody.

God I hate them so much.

Walk of shame would be more fitting for such a despicable club and manager.

200.gif

If I'm getting worked up over football I'm more likely to be annoyed by their 3rd team beating us in the FA Cup. A gesture which is the norm for a side that has won the league just doesn't bother me. I understand why it does bother others but hey ho, that's life.

So you want to do this and you would be happy? I mean WOW - why am I even debating this you’ve clearly lost the plot.

An RS colleague of mine got very irate when I reminded him that even if the event did land on derby weekend there’s absolutely nothing that forces us to give a guard of honour. Poor lad seemed to think it was some kind of law.

An RS colleague of mine got very irate when I reminded him that even if the event did land on derby weekend there’s absolutely nothing that forces us to give a guard of honour. Poor lad seemed to think it was some kind of law.
Not a change mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.