Show of anger to the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would absolutely love it if the fans laid into the players today. Imagine giving them a roaring reception onto the pitch after they disgraced the name of our club last week. And all this "the players need the fans more than ever" is utter BS. Time for them to realise that kind of performance is simply not acceptable.

Depends on how they perform - would be kind of ridiculous to boo them onto the pitch expecting that's going to help them win the match - cutting off your nose to spite your face - although that seems to be the modern British thing to do. Get everybody out, sack everyone !

Depends on how they perform - would be kind of ridiculous to boo them onto the pitch expecting that's going to help them win the match - cutting off your nose to spite your face - although that seems to be the modern British thing to do. Get everybody out, sack everyone !
It's akin to your bird going to the pub and getting completely sloshed, hanging over other guys and embarrassing you to no end. That week, all you do is whinge to your mates on Whatsapp about her behaviour instead of going directly to her instead. Then the next weekend she's going out, you give her your credit card and say "have fun!".

The idea that you sit there and stew without ever directly confronting the people responsible is what gets us here. Not the 3 seconds at the end of the match when half the crowd is left. The performances of a large portion of the players have been nothing short of a disgrace this year and for most of their time at the club when they are getting a HUGE salary 90% of Evertonians wouldn't see in a year much less a week.

It's akin to your bird going to the pub and getting completely sloshed, hanging over other guys and embarrassing you to no end. That week, all you do is whinge to your mates on Whatsapp about her behaviour instead of going directly to her instead. Then the next weekend she's going out, you give her your credit card and say "have fun!".

The idea that you sit there and stew without ever directly confronting the people responsible is what gets us here. Not the 3 seconds at the end of the match when half the crowd is left. The performances of a large portion of the players have been nothing short of a disgrace this year and for most of their time at the club when they are getting a HUGE salary 90% of Evertonians wouldn't see in a year much less a week.

I expect the players are already aware of the ire - given the platitudes from the camp - I can't tell you for sure. I'm not disagreeing that they don't deserve a hard time - I'd rather we started winning again than endless toxicity - I (have to) trust the manager to sort the men from the boys over the next season or so.

I expect the players are already aware of the ire - given the platitudes from the camp - I can't tell you for sure. I'm not disagreeing that they don't deserve a hard time - I'd rather we started winning again than endless toxicity - I (have to) trust the manager to sort the men from the boys over the next season or so.
Going back to my example, it's like the bird hearing from one of her mates that the lad is mad at her. The players "hearing" the supporters are livid doesn't affect them at all during the week as they don't interact with them until the weekend.

and on the "toxicity" note, I agree wholeheartedly. But it's the players who are causing this by being absolute cowards.

If things don’t go well today the atmosphere is going to be toxic.

The players must be under so much pressure to perform.

Have no fear, we will slaughter these bums. A cauldron of noise from start to finish. Four boo boys found lynched behind Gladys Street. Mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.