Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Arshavin

Votes: 34 85.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Been linked with both players, estimated Sidwell is 6 million while Arshavin 8 million (although I would have guessed more for Arshavin...)

Say both figures are accurate - which player would you prefer?

If it was Sidwell before he went to Chelsea, i'd have been chuffed. but now.... plus its only a loan deal

Bit dangerous after seeing him for just ninety minutes, but Arshavin is my preference. Would rather see a permanent signing than another loan.

Sidwell too if Gravesen goes

I agree with the idea of grabbing Arshavin before anyone else does but do we really need another striker right now?
The last Chelsea game showed our weakness in midfield. Sidwell was brilliant at Reading, look at them struggling now without him. Buy ginger..!

If it comes down to it, then arseshavings but I've liked Sidwell for a while.
I'd like Moyes to get em both, but I wonder what the cash situation will allow...

If Tommy manages to be offloaded (as everywhere is claiming) then we could afford them both surely.

id like both.

we need a replacement for carsley (if fernandes doesnt stay)
we need arshavin less , but he is class from what ive seen of him.
id also hate to see him go to another prem club.

14 million for the pair is ok.
we have a potential 6 million from mcfaddens sale.
meaning we need to find another 8 mllion.

but im not convinced we have that sort of money to spend.

we are also rumoured again to be intrested in Barcelona's Ezquerro.

id like both.

we need a replacement for carsley (if fernandes doesnt stay)
we need arshavin less , but he is class from what ive seen of him.
id also hate to see him go to another prem club.

14 million for the pair is ok.
we have a potential 6 million from mcfaddens sale.
meaning we need to find another 8 mllion.

but im not convinced we have that sort of money to spend.

we are also rumoured again to be intrested in Barcelona's Ezquerro.

How much did we bid in the summer for Gonzales and Fernandes (y)

How much did we bid in the summer for Gonzales and Fernandes (y)

yep i was sort of thinking that too.

i thought first off was it one or the other when it came to buying Gonzales and Fernandes

but then i thought , what about yakubu ? was some of the fernandes money spent on him ? (probably not)

then there was a few seasons back when we bid big money for owen ,kuyt , smith , parker , emre (sorry to stir this up) , they didnt come , then when the transfer window opened the money had dissapeared and we were apparently skint again.

then i thought , well what if we do still have the fernandes money ? would we keep that in the bank to buy him in the summer.

the thing is with moyes you never ever know how much money he has got.
when we think we are rich he says we are poor.
when we think we are poor he pulls big money out of thin air.

another thing to consider is that arshavin would be cup tied in the uefa cup.
sidwell will be cup tied in the league cup.

i also think our board have been very good with there support of the manager over the past 2 seasons.
with us doing so well this year , they may speculate to accumilate and spend big to also consolidate a top 5 finish and/or a cup or 2.

I agree with the idea of grabbing Arshavin before anyone else does but do we really need another striker right now?
The last Chelsea game showed our weakness in midfield. Sidwell was brilliant at Reading, look at them struggling now without him. Buy ginger..!

from what i remember of the Zenit game, Arshavin plays winger/attacking midfeilder, not striker. hes still only 26 and for £8m id say snap him up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back