Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we could poach some south american talents ala united with the brazilian twins. Leonardo suarez is the absolute dogs bollocks and is 17 so doesn't have a pro contract. Throw some cash his way and we could have a stud for the future on the cheap.

Honestly feel martinez and his system will get the best out of either of them. Look what he's done for barry this season. The failed talents market is the sort of market we should be looking to exploiting. Lots of players don't reach their potential because they playing under the wrong man or in the wrong system. Look at what those ancient tactics that moyes/fergie have done to kagawa's football.

Interesting you should mention kagawa... Think he could be great under Martinez!

Just want a striker and winger...CM we are fine imo, defence we have enough cover to last till the end of the season. We just need abit of pace and creativity.

I would take another loan to the end of the season as a Gibson replacement. The thought of Osman starting games at CM makes me cringe.

Don't remember getting that vibe on bluemoon. Anyways their are plenty more examples of talented players who needed the right system to get the best out of them. Pisczchek, hummels, dos santos, carlos vela, gervinho etc

Gervinho made me crack up, just cuz the Gunners fans watched him miss so many easy chances.

Gibson- our best cm over the last 2 seasons.

Osman- offers the ability to change the game from the bench.

I also dont agree with the "get rid" statement about two players who have contributed plenty to the team but I'd have to disagree with the Gibson statement.

I think he had a couple of good spells but since before last xmas has been pretty poor. The decent distribution going forward had almost disappeared. He was good in pre-season but I wouldnt be surprised if he is not a long term part of bobbys plans.

Don't remember getting that vibe on bluemoon. Anyways their are plenty more examples of talented players who needed the right system to get the best out of them. Pisczchek, hummels, dos santos, carlos vela, gervinho etc

Pretty sure the majority of city fans acknowledged he was a big part to them winning the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back