Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;NCjaYdM3pJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCjaYdM3pJ8[/video]

Best striker running around in the a-league over here..

heard he is moving on at the end of the season would like to see him as our 3rd or 4th choice up front

really starting to mature as a striker but there is obviously a massive difference to the leagues etc and I guess I am being a little greedy wanting him to turn out for blue after watching him in Brisbane for a few years ;)

(would be cheap!!)

ps - I kno ill cop some **** for this ha

[video=youtube;NCjaYdM3pJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCjaYdM3pJ8[/video]

Best striker running around in the a-league over here..

heard he is moving on at the end of the season would like to see him as our 3rd or 4th choice up front

really starting to mature as a striker but there is obviously a massive difference to the leagues etc and I guess I am being a little greedy wanting him to turn out for blue after watching him in Brisbane for a few years ;)

(would be cheap!!)

ps - I kno ill cop some **** for this ha

Don't want the diving ****, he can go get ****ed after what he did to my team in the Grand Final :P

would be made up with suarez, think jelavic when he first came,
also the belgian league may not be the best but lukaku and benteke came from there and they've done alright

would be made up with suarez, think jelavic when he first came,
also the belgian league may not be the best but lukaku and benteke came from there and they've done alright

Benteke is complete rubbish. Think Jelavic / Papiss Cisse one season wonders

Linked with this guy again today, sign Fernando him and Matias Saurez in Jan, Jela and Heitinga out scenes!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-hunt-alfred-finnbogason-nikica-2906970?

[video=youtube;Jymbp17SG60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jymbp17SG60[/video]

He doesn't cut the mustard for me him. New striker needed 100%, but never been impressed when i've seen him. I could easily be wrong, i'm not manager or scout.

We do need to strengthen however. Martins Indi, Fernando and whatever else Bobby would feel suitable would do me just grand.

That lad has 100 in 161, most of them in a poor league, but pretty impressive still. Seems to have taken the step up to the Dutch league well though.
Only 24 as well, we need a young striker to come in.

Says we're scouting Souttar still, never seen either player to be honest.

To make this current team better right now I think we need somebody with bit of extra quality in the final third...with regards to through balls and just general chance creation. We have good cover behind lukaku that between the three make a threat but we could do with a Berbatov type in this area. Just that extra class with a final ball or shot that might have meant 3 points today.

Im not sure if Berba himself would be the answer but does anybody else see this addition being the cherry on the cake with regard to getting full potential/points from the team we have right now.

The really depressing part of the January window is that with about 25-30m available we could genuinely mount a challenge for the title and feel confident at least of top 4

If we had £25-30m knocking around we would have bought Lukaku outright rather than pay a (rumoured) £5m fee to loan him for one season. I hope you're right, and Kenwright gives Martinez £20m+ to spend, but I just don't think we have anything like that amount of cash available.

Assuming we have £10-15 mil of the felliani money + say £5 mil from Jelavic/heitinga sales giving us around £15-20 mil I would look to bring in Fernando who with being a free agent in the summer we could probably get for around £7-8 mil, I would tie up a deal for Bruno Martins Indi who is highly rated for around £5-6 mil and bring in a replacement for jelavic someone like batshuayi for £6-7 mil who could easily develop to be another lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back