Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that this lad isn't all that, we're all a bit hyped up because he's Belgian and only 20, but apparently the general view from Roberto (Greg OK said this) is that he'll be a decent player, but not good enough for a top 4/5 team like us in the PL.

You can't underestimate the impact that a young, hungry striker with plenty of confidence could give us between now and the end of the season though, whether he becomes a world beater long term or not.

You can't underestimate the impact that a young, hungry striker with plenty of confidence could give us between now and the end of the season though, whether he becomes a world beater long term or not.

True, he's young which is in his favour, but do you think he would of got snapped up earlier if he was 'that' good?

There's many reasons why we haven't gone for him, agents, money etc. But I just don't think he's good enough considering the people at the club don't rate him very highly.

True, he's young which is in his favour, but do you think he would of got snapped up earlier if he was 'that' good?

There's many reasons why we haven't gone for him, agents, money etc. But I just don't think he's good enough considering the people at the club don't rate him very highly.

How do you know they don't rate him highly? Has somthing been said that I missed or are you just speculating.

IMO the reason he hasn't been snapped up earlier is because before this season he wasn't first choice at his club more a developing sub.

And jones is...interesting.

How do you know they don't rate him highly? Has somthing been said that I missed or are you just speculating.

IMO the reason he hasn't been snapped up earlier is because before this season he wasn't first choice at his club more a developing sub.

Nope, a lot of the local journalists who have spoken closely to Roberto have said that he's a good player, potential but not another Lukaku. Greg OK was one of them.

I'm up for a gamble on this lad if the club are seriously interested but like some have already said his attitude and behavior of the pitch is piss poor, so doesn't sound like the sort of character Roberto would get in, even if he is only 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back