Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not had a new rumour for a while. Darren Bent anyone?
Its a strange one isn't it ? Big money transfers, England international and a few goals here and there and then ............................ well nothing.

Looked upon now as a player who really did have the potential and the talent to be a very decent premier league striker and a regular England squad player, but didn't get there.

So tomorrow forth night we hopefully will have two maybe three players in the door... Realistically and not based on football manager stats who we going get in ... Will there be a unknown thrown in ? Will jones come in for me I think Johnny h will be gone ... That Belgian lad will come in and I think there be another two unknowns in the door

Your actually wrong mate, Miralass has given several interviews where he has stated the main difference between RW under Roberto as apposed to moyes is that Roberto wants him to stay out on the wing!!

Yes I thought it odd too!!
Mirallas VS Norwich

You can see he is all over the shop - hardly hugging the touchline.

mirallas.gif

Same for Pienaar VS Fulham

SP-HEATMAP.png

When we attack down their wing they come really narrow more often than not. Quite a lot of their play is between the lines. It is quite noticable that Mirallas is often the square ball inside Coleman with McCarthy / Jagielka for the out ball behind. Similar for the LW with Pienaar, Baines, Barry / Distin.

Contrast the positions of Mirralls / Pienaar with the recent heatmaps for Coleman and Oviedo. It is the fullbacks who provide the width - especially beyond the 18 yard line

BcGwW-WCAAEJmZz.png

oviedo.gif

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back