Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davek is completely correct and we shouldn't let our magnificent performances on the field blind us to yet another negative spend.

It may be one but things happened late in the last window so i am prepared to wait to fume till Saturday morning when the window is closed and we can properly see what has been done or hasn't.

Remember RM said that McGeady was for the summer then he signed a couple of days later, he is probably playing poker at present. He said we would be stronger after the summer window closed, many didn't believe him but we were, he said we will be stronger after this window so at least wait till it shuts to see if he is correct.

This season comes down to what happens between now and saturday.

We bring 1-2 players in and strengthen and the push for 4th could well be possible. If we don't strengthen then we may as well book our holidays and put all our chips on the cup.

It is very simple;

We have 3 players who need to be covered right now who we currently have no cover.

1. what is our midfield if Barry AND McCarthy are unavailable?

2. What happens if Lukaku pick an injury up? Mirallas will soon burn out at his current rate and Naismith is a woeful premier league striker bar the odd right place right time goals he scores.

3. What happens if we lose Baines again and we have at least 1 centre half still out?

4. What happens if Barkley picks up another injury that keeps him out the team?

We bring 1-2 players in and strengthen and the push for 4th could well be possible. If we don't strengthen then we may as well book our holidays and put all our chips on the cup.

It is very simple;

We have 3 players who need to be covered right now who we currently have no cover.

2. What happens if Lukaku pick an injury up? Mirallas will soon burn out at his current rate and Naismith is a woeful premier league striker bar the odd right place right time goals he scores.

3. What happens if we lose Baines again and we have at least 1 centre half still out?

I reckon Riquelme would solve all those problems and more.

It is very simple;

If any of those four happen we may as well shut up shop for the year and hope we scrape seventh. We need to bring two good quality players in. I don't care if that costs 2million or twenty its irrelevant just get them in.

It is very simple;

The answer to all that is that we make do and mend and shift players from one position to play elsewhere and hope it has no ill effect.

I dont see that as having used a transfer window to strengthen.

Our squad has strenghened, weve brought in players of a higher quality that will challenge for a first 11 place.
But we are 2 players short imo, i reckon bobby might wait til deadline day

At least wait till the window shuts before getting your knickers in a twist. It is pathetic reading the same point over and over again in every thread.

Should open a twitter account and copy/paste really...would save us all reading the same thing every post on here.

Bit of a headache to be honest.

Last edited:
I don't think that's what he meant. What I took from it is that he feels if Heits goes we are one body short of where he would like us to be so if he goes then we dip into the kitty or not and get a loan.

Yeah he meant bodies. People like to create their own agendas on here so ignore or choose to create reality

Apart from Mata to Utd and the Egyptian to Chelsea have any of the top 6 bought anyone?

Do man city look like they need anyone else, me neither. Wenger still has dough to blow in a title race and chelsea have done business, Liverpool tried to get one in player of great quality, Utd have spent big.

How many times do Top 4 chances come along...not many.

Do man city look like they need anyone else, me neither. Wenger still has dough to blow in a title race and chelsea have done business, Liverpool tried to get one in player of great quality, Utd have spent big.

How many times do Top 4 chances come along...not many.
Exactly.

And how many of them have three first teamers out for the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back