Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year ago yes, when he was hot property and the YouTube bids where flying around. It's now 2014, he's available on basically a free and hawking himself about - where's the bid? 12 months worth of further scouting opportunities, you'd think the big clubs would be salivating at the prospect of a top player with no price tag.

2013 - £8m price tag, top clubs looking at him.
2014 - £0m price tag, relegation prospects looking at him.

YouTube bids? Are you saying that Cardiff agreed to pay £8m for the lad based on a YouTube clip?
Martinez is interested ffs, he's quoted as saying the lad is a 'phenomenal footballer' when at the time it looked like he was going to stay with his old man until the end of the season

Ince has got a bit stale in the last 6 months, he stayed at Blackpool too long IMO, but the lad is undoubted a very good player. He'll make it in the top division IMO, you patently disagree, we'll consult the vaults at some point & declare a winner.....

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 1m Galatasaray have put John Heitinga in the waiting room. He travelled to Holland to have a medical in Turkey, the deal's put on hold. (VI)

In spite of what he said recently RM must not rate Tom Ince, there is an opportunity to sign him at a very reasonable fee and we do not seem to be interested.
I think that if the opportunity to join Everton came up I nce would jump at it before any of the other clubs mentioned,equally if RM really rated him,he would sign him now as he will have to pay compensation for him ,now or in the summer.

I am a little surprised we are not interested as he is a player that would give you a very good chance of getting your money back on even if he didn't turn out as well as we might hope.

They will get more by letting him go for free, thats why they are open to him to go out on loan.

This is what he said-
'I like Tom Ince. As a young, English talent, he is a phenomenal footballer but it would be unfair of me to talk about him as he has got a very important second half of the season with Blackpool.

Just because RM says he likes someone, doesn't mean he will make a bid for them, to be honest, he's such a nice guy, can't imagine him saying anything bad about anyone. The master of political correctness.

YouTube bids? Are you saying that Cardiff agreed to pay £8m for the lad based on a YouTube clip?
Martinez is interested ffs, he's quoted as saying the lad is a 'phenomenal footballer' when at the time it looked like he was going to stay with his old man until the end of the season

Ince has got a bit stale in the last 6 months, he stayed at Blackpool too long IMO, but the lad is undoubted a very good player. He'll make it in the top division IMO, you patently disagree, we'll consult the vaults at some point & declare a winner.....

Vids*

And again, where are the bids from too clubs right now? Non existent. If Martinez was interested, there'd be a bid, same with Liverpool, Spurs etc.

Could be with a huge game today he is waiting till tomorrow to speak to Ince, Ince is clearly not afraid of being seen speaking to clubs this week and no doubt has more to meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back