Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has startled me about our last 3 managers (not including Allardyce as he was only ever a temporary fix) is their lack of resilience. Whenever the results went south, it seems they did as men as well. You can tell by the way all 3 always shirk personal responsibility in their interviews, it was never their fault. Silva is a lot more honest than say Martinez was (that man was a blatant liar) but even Silva does not accept responsibility which is very disappointing.

Whilst Martinez, Koeman and Silva are all very different in terms of tactics, they all share that character weakness, and it's why, in my opinion, it's a matter of 'when' and not 'if' that Silva gets canned. He just can't turn around momentum in a quick enough timeframe that allows us to remain competitive - last season we only returned to form when 7th place was a bridge too far, nevermind the chasm that separated us from 6th.

Finding someone who can deal with expectation, know how to navigate his was through tough patches and has the capacity to accept responsibility and learn from mistakes is crucial when its time to make our next appointment.

What has startled me about our last 3 managers (not including Allardyce as he was only ever a temporary fix) is their lack of resilience. Whenever the results went south, it seems they did as men as well. You can tell by the way all 3 always shirk personal responsibility in their interviews, it was never their fault. Silva is a lot more honest than say Martinez was (that man was a blatant liar) but even Silva does not accept responsibility which is very disappointing.

Whilst Martinez, Koeman and Silva are all very different in terms of tactics, they all share that character weakness, and it's why, in my opinion, it's a matter of 'when' and not 'if' that Silva gets canned. He just can't turn around momentum in a quick enough timeframe that allows us to remain competitive - last season we only returned to form when 7th place was a bridge too far, nevermind the chasm that separated us from 6th.

Finding someone who can deal with expectation, know how to navigate his was through tough patches and has the capacity to accept responsibility and learn from mistakes is crucial when its time to make our next appointment.
I hate to say it but I think Jose is the man for the job. We would get 3 years of him before he does one but at least he would get us defensively sound and would probably get us top 6

I hate to say it but I think Jose is the man for the job. We would get 3 years of him before he does one but at least he would get us defensively sound and would probably get us top 6
If mourinho agreed to come here with the proviso that brands either walks or takes another roll on the board would we all be OK with that??

As I understand mourinho doesn't work with dofs?

No, no, no. The man spends a fortune, plays horrible football, and leaves teams in tatters when he leaves as he spends loads on superstars that are on the verge of falling off a cliff, age and form wise. Fair enough he might win you something, but would any of the teams he has left, want him back?

If mourinho agreed to come here with the proviso that brands either walks or takes another roll on the board would we all be OK with that??

As I understand mourinho doesn't work with dofs?
I wouldn’t be happy with that because he seems to be very good at getting players who have been at teams who would hammer us in the state we are in. I don’t think it’s that we are a bad squad because we aren’t the players just don’t understand what they’re meant to be doing.

I think Jose could work with brands as long as he has a shortlist and that’s provided while bringing in some promising young players that brands and his network have been following

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back