Simon “Rossie” Ross to return as stadium announcer

Graeme White has had his contract as Matchday Announcer at Goodison terminated (without any prior notice) as the club 'want to have a change of direction.'

So who's the next voice of matchday Everton going to be ?
You’re not in charge of announcing confirmed signings as well are you Andy? 😂

When I used to have a season ticket me and the lads I went with would go upstairs in the Wilmslow before and after the game. One of the lads we went with his arl fella was on the door. Good blue called Tony, he used to let us in for free rather then charge us a pound but you had to get to know him before he’d do it.

One day I was outside having a smoke and Rossie went to go upstairs after the game. Tony stopped him.

Tony - Pound mate
Rossie - I’m just shooting upstairs to see somebody I’ll be 30 seconds.
Tony - yer mate it’s still a pound.
Rossie - I’ll be literally 1 minute at most.
Tony - Yer that’s a pound that lad.
Rossie - Mate you do know I’m Rossie that announces the teams.
Tony - oh are you mate ye? That’s 2 pound.

Still cracks me up every time I think about Rossie rummaging in his pockets for some coins

When I used to have a season ticket me and the lads I went with would go upstairs in the Wilmslow before and after the game. One of the lads we went with his arl fella was on the door. Good blue called Tony, he used to let us in for free rather then charge us a pound but you had to get to know him before he’d do it.

One day I was outside having a smoke and Rossie went to go upstairs after the game. Tony stopped him.

Tony - Pound mate
Rossie - I’m just shooting upstairs to see somebody I’ll be 30 seconds.
Tony - yer mate it’s still a pound.
Rossie - I’ll be literally 1 minute at most.
Tony - Yer that’s a pound that lad.
Rossie - Mate you do know I’m Rossie that announces the teams.
Tony - oh are you mate ye? That’s 2 pound.

Still cracks me up every time I think about Rossie rummaging in his pockets for some coins
Hahaha. Very funny.

(from elsewhere)

Should have been this guy. The truth will out.

6e6e81d7f21b6f3baaf53ee3e905af86.gif

Still couldn’t make out a word he said yesterday.

With acoustics like they havevin Goodison it wouldn’t matter who was reading the announcements.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back