Single malts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know, I actually didn't - the smell was so rich I wanted to give it a sip straight (and I do mean sip!).

It's delicious mate, lots of raisiny Christmas cake type stuff going on, cinnamon, toffee, bit of oak but with that typical whiff of sea salt that all bunna's tend to carry.

Really great scotch, it'll last me years as well, its a real depths of winter dram, and then only occasional.

You've sold me on it but the £110 price tag is a little off putting!

Perhaps I should just try the 12 year old cask strength at £80 instead. To be honest I can't see it getting any better than the standard 12 anyhow, even the 18 year old is (in my opinion) not as good.

Last edited:
You've sold me on it but the £110 price tag is a little off putting!

Perhaps I should just try the 12 year old cask strength at £80 instead. To be honest I can't see it getting any better than the 12 anyhow, even the 18 year old is (in my opinion) not as good.
It is steep, probably the most I've spentt on a malt, but I figured I'll get a good few years to enjoy it, so if you look at that way, it's almost a steal! ;)

It is steep, probably the most I've spentt on a malt, but I figured I'll get a good few years to enjoy it, so if you look at that way, it's almost a steal! ;)
I'd drink it in a week. I can't help it. If I have it (whisky) in the house, I drink it.

My wife bought me a bottle of Glenmorangie for Valentine's Day and I told her off. I'd just about gotten through my Christmas whiskies and all of a sudden I've got another bottle to get through. I think she's trying to see me off.

I was at a mate’s 65th birthday do Saturday night, as well as food he’d arranged a tasting of 12 single malts. Fortunately they were only wee drams given out so I wasn’t too bad next day . They were mainly Speyside whiskies , the odd Isla and Glenmorangie as well , we had some interesting discussions, good fun but coming too thick and fast to appreciate the differences.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back