Sir Philip Carter, R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Dein was there with Bill,maybe I'm putting two and two together,I know he's a good friend of Bills so 99% certain he was solely just there to pay his respects to Sir Philip,but he would be a hell of an addition to our board IMHO.

David Dein was there with Bill,maybe I'm putting two and two together,I know he's a good friend of Bills so 99% certain he was solely just there to pay his respects to Sir Philip,but he would be a hell of an addition to our board IMHO.

That the Arsenal bloke? The one who was pretty important with Highbury/Emirates and all that......

Or the United one? Know the name, cant place him. Obvs.

David Dein and Sir Philip were good friends who knew each other and worked together for many years. If you recall the key movers in setting up the Premier League were Sir Philip Carter, Irving Scholar, Noel White, Martin Edwards and David Dein.

David Dein and Sir Philip were good friends who knew each other and worked together for many years. If you recall the key movers in setting up the Premier League were Sir Philip Carter, Irving Scholar, Noel White, Martin Edwards and David Dein.

Seems a life time ago that. Custodians of football clubs, not brand development consultants. Getting on me.

These days Simon Cowell would lob them together as a boy band.

Remember years ago bumping into Phil C in The Mons. We were going through a bad run and I suggested we get Howard Kendall in to manage us from Blackburn, and make cheeky bids for Peter Reid and Andy Gray. He was a bit pissed but eventually saw the sense in what I was saying and the rest is history.

Remember years ago bumping into Phil C in The Mons. We were going through a bad run and I suggested we get Howard Kendall in to manage us from Blackburn, and make cheeky bids for Peter Reid and Andy Gray. He was a bit pissed but eventually saw the sense in what I was saying and the rest is history.
Your mission now is to bump into Bill, who knows what what will happen.

Smashes the long held belief that the Brock back pass was the turning point, what does your crystal ball predict for the next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back