Sir Philip Carter, R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met him after the first ever "Hall of Fame" 'do' at The Adelphi. We were very, very hammered on the way out and he handled my mate's arm round him, imploring him to "come The Paradox with us, Phil, lad" with dignified aplomb. As we staggered out, he said "have a splendid evening, gentlemen". Topped off a tremendous night.
Haha this is boss,

RIP Sir Carter

I'm sure he will have been a calming influence behind the scenes during this tricky season and his wise counsel will no doubt be missed by board & management in the future.

Good to know that he will have experienced a happy goodison again in recent times but equally I'm sure the great man forgave & even shared our frustration with a season full of promise failing to deliver.

RIP

He'll undoubtedly get a fantstic minute's applause before the game on Sunday. Best way we can celebrate his life and committment to the club is by giving Man U a good spanking

Ironically, it was before the Man U game when we marked the passing away of Bally in 2007, who then duly beat us 4-2. Hopefully we won't get beat this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back