So,are we becoming a tad RAWK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea about the situation in the UK or any other countries besides The Netherlands but when I tell someone I support Everton the first question I usually get is "Why?". Overhere the premier league is very popular but the vast majority of people support one of the "big six" and out of those even Tottenham doesn't have that many fans in The Netherlands. There was an increase in interest in Everton when Koeman became manager but since the results were fairly poor that was gone pretty quickly again.

If we get some Dutch players who will perform well (sigh at Klaassen), I do think Everton will gain more support in The Netherlands. But for now, no Rawk for Everton in the Orange country.

Last edited:
Devil's advocate thread this, but, We laugh at RAWK but are becoming RAWKish ourselves? We win it's Carlo magnifico! We lose it's never his fault. We're never unlucky, all our players are boss, we have one injury it's the reason we can't compete etc, etc....

Discuss...
Not sure about most of this but my biggest issue is scapegoating of players that obviously just out of form. Blues are constantly for their next victim. That been said don't think it particular to this forum, more a Internet phenomenon.

I know a really old couple by me, I'm going to buy a plazzy fountain and wait for them to go for a walk and throw it in front of them and push them in it.

When I first scanned this I though you said “I’m going to buy them a pizza” , My nano second of thought allowed me to class you as a nice guy to do such a gesture , but oh no, my eyeballs continued to read and discovered the true horrors that live in your mind. This whole forum has gone to the dogs. I bid you good day sir. YMCA

I have no idea about the situation in the UK or any other countries besides The Netherlands but when I tell someone I support Everton the first question I usually get is "Why?". Overhere the premier league is very popular but the vast majority of people support one of the "big six" and out of those even Tottenham doesn't have that many fans in The Netherlands. There was an increase in interest in Everton when Koeman became manager but since the results were fairly poor that was gone pretty quickly again.

If we get some Dutch players who will perform well (sigh at Klaassen), I do think Everton will gain more support in The Netherlands. But for now, no Rawk for Everton in the Orange country.
I love the Dutch and Belgians, spent many years over there riding the classics

Devil's advocate thread this, but, We laugh at RAWK but are becoming RAWKish ourselves? We win it's Carlo magnifico! We lose it's never his fault. We're never unlucky, all our players are boss, we have one injury it's the reason we can't compete etc, etc....

Discuss...
We lose and it's almost always his fault, the amount of times I've seen his team selection, tactics and substitutions being criticised is astronomical.

If we start doing alternative leagues and/or our Liverpool thread starts to get locked, we start writing open letters to new signings then yes.

Not a chance....
People on here actually admit when they're wrong......sometimes haha
We support the team and the manager and most of us call them out when it's not good enough

Not at all. It’s nice to see some positive attitudes for a change and everyone not jumping on the ‘we are screwed ship’ when we have a bad result. It’s not like we walk around with murals of Carlo or hold vigils and write poems when one of our players gets injured. If it gets to that point then the club needs to start sending Big Dunc around to addresses to have ‘words’.

Never read RAWK but I have seen some snippets in the Echo thread and I think GOT is a world away from that.

I think we do dole criticism out even to Carlo. Notably the Newcastle and Fulham matches.

But we're having our best season in years and in the process overturning some poor records. The football is functional at times but there is cause for optimism with a summer of recruitment and a world class manager. I think this is the reason some of the moaners get shouted down.

We come here for Everton biased views. Why shouldn't they be positive this season?

Discuss...
Lou, c'mon mate, the players are boss? Have you seen the haters jostling for position to slate Siggy, DCL and Tom even when we win?

Status
Not open for further replies.