Sometimes I wish we were Man City - THT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Holy Trinity

Player Valuation: £10m
Okay I don't really, but at this time I sort of do !!

Okay before people start quoting that they've won nothing and have been given a stadium , and we are the 4th MOST successful English Club, I know all that and cling to those statistics most days !!

Let me explain, its January 21st 2011 and apart from a highly rated youngster we have been extremely quiet in the market, in fact alarmingly, we have allowed our most expensive striker to depart on loan, sold arguably our most creative player and have allowed another young striker (Vaughan) to also depart. 2 weeks ago I was told that Moyes wanted to ADD to the strikers on top of what we had , however, we have allowed 2 to leave !! I'm not having a go at Davie la just stating the facts.

I know we don't have a Sugar Daddy, we don't have a 50000+ seater stadium, we don't sell out every week, we don't spend a lot once inside the stadium but all that taken into account, it still pisses me off that we never have any money !

Football is an entertainment business and transfers are one of THE MOST exciting times in a football supporters life and WE always seem to be on the outside looking in ! Man City and Villa have both spent in excess of £20+ on strikers in the last fortnight and I would love us to be able to have some of those days. City fans know that every window they will bring in some players and not just loans !! I'm just a bit bored now with us never being involved and obviously knowing 'stuff' means that I can never sustain any excitement. This DOESN'T MEAN that WE WON'T be bringing players in by the way I am merely stating today this is how things stand! I would just like us to be involved and actually be able to chase some targets that Davie has identified ! Imagine myself and LCAB or ANY OTHER forum actually being able to report some exciting signings !! That’s what football is about.

Right to balance up the rant/jealous looks ; for all the reasons I stated , stadium, lack of DECENT BOARD, NO VISION, ELSTONE, etc I understand WHY we do things the way we do. I personally (even though I sometimes get pissed off with him) don't believe ANYBODY out there could do a BETTER job than Moyesie given our circumstances. Yes there are times when he dithers but he does that as he knows he can't really afford to waste the limited budget he has ! He would have loved to splashed £500k on Adam Hammill without thinking that he would have to hit the ground running. I know for a FACT that he wanted to bring Dzeko and Hazard HERE in the Summer but was HAMSTRUNG by OUR USELESS BOARD !! Hazard stated his interest in joining Big Felli at Goodison Park but NO MONEY put paid to that transfer.

People who are getting frustrated by our not spending need to realise that we don't have the money to blow so EVERY signing needs to be investigated, agreed to a reasonable level and not extortionate where the fee or wages are concerned. This Dier kid is a prime example of Moyes assessing the talent and wanting to take a closer look rather than buying the kid for a few quid then realising he's a dud !!

Moyesie does this with most signings and likes to know what we are getting when we sign a player. We have to be realistic this window and realise that ANY striker we get are either wanting to leave their club, fallen out with their manager or are not performing. Then we want him to come here and produce the goods ! Problem is there aren't too many who fit the bill and any that do cost BIG Bucks !! That goes for any player (Yes Muntari I mean you) we are looking at !! With all that taken into account I still believe that we will sign players so watch this space……But be patient , this is EVERTON FC……

Still wouldn't mind a Sheik though .....

With all that taken into account I still believe that we will sign players so watch this space……But be patient , this is EVERTON FC……

Unfortunate choice of words there ^^

I agree with you though. It's depressing constantly feeling like we can push on and really do things in this league with an 1/8th of the money City have, but we don't even have anywhere near that...

Super stuff mate, it has just made me more depressed though. I can't see anything changing, we will never have money.

Dzeko & Hazard could be Blues, and people on here still think our board are the best thing for Everton. *sighs*

Just want Feb so we can forget about transfers

Super stuff mate, it has just made me more depressed though. I can't see anything changing, we will never have money.

Dzeko & Hazard could be Blues, and people on here still think our board are the best thing for Everton. *sighs*

It is at the current moment...Just because we aren't signing players here and there doesn't mean the board we have are evil...What would you do now if you were on the board?

Unfortunate choice of words there ^^

I agree with you though. It's depressing constantly feeling like we can push on and really do things in this league with an 1/8th of the money City have, but we don't even have anywhere near that...

Yeah but I'm trying to be confident mate. I can't envisage nothing coming off !!!

Try and keep the Faith mate.... I am....

They would have been the missing ingredients, really. £25 million-ish it would have cost us, and I guarantee we'd be a top 4 team.

It is at the current moment...Just because we aren't signing players here and there doesn't mean the board we have are evil...What would you do now if you were on the board?

Get some new Board members in, share issue , market us better .....

What the man said

Try and keep the Faith mate.... I am....

I am mate, just we we're that close to greatness and it is slipping away fast

They would have been the missing ingredients, really. £25 million-ish it would have cost us, and I guarantee we'd be a top 4 team.

Imagine those two in the side mate, would of been exciting times

This ..... ^^^^^

This

We have never spent 20 million on a player..I don't think Moyes would think it would be good business...Even if we had the money..He's never gonna choose us over Citeh..Be Realistic..

Not now no, coz we have no ambition, a year or two ago, he would walked here, over City

We're a club with a turnover of £80M, but we cant find money for a loan deal unless we shift two players off the books.

It ****ing stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.