Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the lads who went today did playing what looked 442 make a massive difference

Not really a 4-4-2 as Kone was on the right and got back to cover for Coleman. But he was forward a lot more than in the normal system and as a result linked well with Lukaku who was not isolated like he usually is.

Think we played a 4-1-4-1 today which is what we should be playing. Barry played deeper with Mccarthy moving forward alongside Ross, Cleverly and Kone.

Going forward I would like to see us stick to this but replace Cleverly and Kone with a playmaker coming in and one of Mirallas or Deloufeu. Think we would be lethal playing this way.

Think we played a 4-1-4-1 today which is what we should be playing. Barry played deeper with Mccarthy moving forward alongside Ross, Cleverly and Kone.

Going forward I would like to see us stick to this but replace Cleverly and Kone with a playmaker coming in and one of Mirallas or Deloufeu. Think we would be lethal playing this way.

You are absolutely correct.

This is how we lined up but there way good fluidity in that Kone joined the front line and occassionaly Lukaku drifted out wide.

Superb away performance.

I thought that Stones , McCarthy and Lukaku were particularly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back