Spirit of The Blues at Leicester today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, but never at the right time. Grand old team always gets played right before z cars starts. If I could have my way Spirt of the blues would take that slot.
GOT for me sounds dated these days, whereas Johnny Todd/ Z Cars is timeless. I would love to hear “ Spirit - the fans at Leicester “ version played 2 minutes before kick off, then just cut it off after a minute and let the crowd carry on.

It is, but never at the right time. Grand old team always gets played right before z cars starts. If I could have my way Spirt of the blues would take that slot.
Z-cars should stay. Preferably with the sirene back, as soon as Ukraine gets rid of their agressors.

Spirit of the Blues, getting the GOT spot would get my blessing though. There's no denying it gets the crowd going.

Spirit of the Blues is a far better song, in every way. GOT is cute, and that's it. The 'we don't care what the RS say' proving we care what the RS say does my head in. Blasphemy I know, but it's how I see and hear it! SotB for anthem...opposition fans can't compete with that buzz
GOT will always be a favourite of mine. Its a great chant/song but it shouldn't be the clubs official anthem imo. The clubs anthem should be about us, not our disdain for the RS. GOT just doesn't inspire in the way Spirit of the blues does. The lyrics of GOT almost say "'yeah we know that we're crap but we're proud and we don't give a dam what you think of us". Very nice and all that but hardly a rousing battle cry for fans to get behind.

GOT will always be a favourite of mine. Its a great chant/song but it shouldn't be the clubs official anthem imo. The clubs anthem should be about us, not our disdain for the RS. GOT just doesn't inspire in the way Spirit of the blues does. The lyrics of GOT almost say "'yeah we know that we're crap but we're proud and we don't give a dam what you think of us". Very nice and all that but hardly a rousing battle cry for fans to get behind.
'but we used to be great' is the chantiest part too!

Z-cars should stay. Preferably with the sirene back, as soon as Ukraine gets rid of their agressors.

Spirit of the Blues, getting the GOT spot would get my blessing though. There's no denying it gets the crowd going.
That would be my preference too.

I'm not saying that we should ditch GOT altogether either. Its part of our history and will always have a place in our great lists of club songs/chants. I just don't want it as the clubs official pre and post match z cars anthem anymore personally.

This is the little lad who got me, if you watch the actual video he’s singing his heart out, then a few seconds later bouncing up and down in time to the clapping!
He’ll remember his day out at Leicester for the rest of his life, hopefully he’ll have many more days out like this!

Attachments

• CAF4C01F-A674-4C86-8728-80242B821ACA.png
    CAF4C01F-A674-4C86-8728-80242B821ACA.png
    362.5 KB · Views: 108
  • A3585EDD-92F0-4D95-A67F-7267E2F7B334.png
    A3585EDD-92F0-4D95-A67F-7267E2F7B334.png
    581.2 KB · Views: 100
I used to enjoy singing GOT years ago before it was recorded and became an official
club anthem…I find it a bit cringy now and it just sounds so dated plus it’s beat is not going to get the pulse racing.
Retain Forever Everton and promote Spirit of the Blues.

That would be my preference too.

I'm not saying that we should ditch GOT altogether either. Its part of our history and will always have a place in our great lists of club songs/chants. I just don't want it as the clubs official pre and post match z cars anthem anymore personally.
Yea same here, though I am coming down hard on it. I like it at the end of a Home win, has a carnival feel to it then...half time, no, before the match, no. All I know is, I have never wanted to be among Toffee fans as much as among those away fans at Leicester singing Spirit of the Blues(and that includes after League and cup wins) SotB captures the passion and love for the club. Love it!

This is the little lad who got me, if you watch the actual video he’s singing his heart out, then a few seconds later bouncing up and down in time to the clapping!
He’ll remember his day out at Leicester for the rest of his life, hopefully he’ll have many more days out like this!
There are a few more heartwarming moment to be found in there.

Two more
Screenshot_20220509-203021_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-202944_Samsung Internet.jpg

Agreed. Curious if any of the insuffs who repeatedly blamed the fans, in every thread they could shoehorn it in no matter how off topic, if any of them have now said “fair play the fans have won these games.” I think I have most of them on mute but hope they’ve changed their tune. Do they think we’d be better of if the RS was still in charge? It WAS ALWAYS about supporting the team. Getting him out was the right move.

BK and Moshiri are so useless I’d rather have ultra mob rule. Or a broken clock. If a broken clock were our chairman it would mean two more good decisions every day than we currently have ever had from them. It’s hard not to see the stadium as a monkey paw wish.

“If we had a new stadium it would mean an extra five million a year! Imagine what Moyes could do with that!”

To think. That incredible dream is almost here.

Also worth noting that the American broadcast got it while BBC and Sky have framed their coverage like partisan hacks who believe we are somehow the opposite side in a war.

Let’s keep it up. War every game. Don’t even care if we’re mathematically safe. We should do this all the time. Can’t rely on any of them.

Don’t get me wrong. Would rather be winning for most of the season. But this stretch has had a certain level of enjoyment we haven’t had in a while. Don’t want it ever again of course but it’s a hell of a ride.
Imagine if RS fans had done what our fans had did at Finch Farm on Saturday and then that yesterday. It would be all over the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.