Match Thread Spurs v Everton Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anybody hasn't realised these are fast becoming yet another bogey side to us. We haven't beaten them since Moyes left and haven't won away to them for 10 years.
Add the fact that we generally don't win away games it looks the banker home win of the weekend.....and Everton don't do shock wins.

No-one will expect us to win this one so I hope we really go for it, seems like a bit of a free hit this game.

Play Tosun with Calvert-Lewin up top and Gylfi behind with Rooney in midfield. Given that we looked better going forward at Anfield last week and we've had a full week to prep, I'm quietly optimistic we'll put in a decent performance. Whether that'll be good enough for a result is another matter.

With DCL no longer leading the line, im expecting a few more shots on goal at least. The only interesting thing will be to see Tosun's performance.

Damn, its going to be hard work watching big sam/everton park the bus against the strongest AND weakest teams in the prem for the rest of the season. The worry is that all the players will be mentally scarred from sitting back and getting attacked for the next few months.

We have only lost one Premier League game at home this season (opening day to a very lucky Chelsea) so i don't think we will lose.

However, we definitely have problems breaking down teams that play 5-5-0 or even 4-5-1 with no attacking intent.

Can't see BGS completely parking the bus (wishful thinking?) So on that basis I will say 2-1 Spurs (Kane with both)

There's more chance of Melania Trump dumping big Donald and running off with me than there is of us getting so much as a point against Spurs on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.