Squad post window

Should this squad be challenging for Europe?

• Yes

• No

• White bloomer, Salted butter, Red Leicester + Cheddar Cheese, Worcestershire Sauce

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No as we have no depth in a lot of vital positions. If we get lucky with injuries we have a chance but we need to be very lucky and that is a stupid gamble to take.

man city,man utd,chelsea,liverpool,arsenal, leicester(1st team) all deffo have better squads than us

after that we are similar or better than the rest, therefore our minimum aim should be seventh, leicester might collapse with champs league commitments...and spurs/liverpool look like they could be a bit flakey

Agree, think Liverpool are poor and Spurs / Leicester will struggle.

What do you think Witsel was mate.

Box to box?

Theirs 6 or 7 teams with better starting 11 players than us on paper and we're heavily reliant on Lukaku scoring goals and staying fit.

Europe's possible if things go are way and would be a huge achievement after the last two seasons.

Agree, think Liverpool are poor and Spurs / Leicester will struggle.

Box to box?

yerh, that's the position we're looking to fill with a ball playing CM - we have a real elite destroyer in the shape of gana, and the nascent talents of barkley who is being moulded into a CAM (even though I think he'd make a better b2b) so the real role we need to fill is that of barry (who is likely on his last season at 36), a player who can link the defence and attack through the middle of the park

yerh, that's the position we're looking to fill with a ball playing CM - we have a real elite destroyer in the shape of gana, and the nascent talents of barkley who is being moulded into a CAM (even though I think he'd make a better b2b) so the real role we need to fill is that of barry (who is likely on his last season at 36), a player who can link the defence and attack through the middle of the park

Ye, obvly Barry can't go on forever. That remain the key position to fill, along with CF.

Hopefully Barry (and ten games from Gibson) can see us through.

Looking in a positive way with people playing to their potential, we've got
International standard : Williams, Gueye, Mirallas, Lukaku
Seasoned pros: Stek, Lennon, Barry, Baines
Young potential that should come good : Ross, Geri, Holgate
PL top quality : Seamus, Bolasie

I know I missed a few but thats enough to be excited about

i think he does rate him highly, on the bench last week and been involved alot in pre-season
Hope so pal. Think Mccarthy , Gibson and Cleverly all missing last week so not sure if hed have been in the squad otherwise. Played well in pre season but was straight back in the 23s team after.
I am a big fan. Would love to see him trusted ahead of the deadwood in the squad.

Without any signings and RM alone, I felt we could hit and should hit top 8. After the transfer window that hasn't changed. Top 8 - but if perform then 6. Same expectations as last year - no better no worse.

Ye, obvly Barry can't go on forever. That remain the key position to fill, along with CF.

Hopefully Barry (and ten games from Gibson) can see us through.

i'm hoping we start to see davies in that position towards the second half of the season, especially in the likes of cup games

the deadline day balls up will hopefully give an opportunity to more of our youngsters this season who are more than ready to step up.
gotta look for some postives!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.