Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right, now all we need is for the club to acknowledge they were wrong grow some bollocks and tell Leahy where to stick his plans.

I've never said it was dead in the water. You're a clever lad so you wont mind providing the evidence when I have said that.

As for the 'British fudge' - it is heading that way by the looks of it...not something anyone who wants it built in Kirkby would welcome I'd suggest.

No you didn't say "dead in the water", but "all we need is for the club to acknowledge they were wrong" heavily implies that is your view.

If we'd followed the anti Kirkby suggestions we'd be landlocked in a stadia, saddled with debt we couldn't repay with a stadia where the maximum capacity was 32,000 with no possibility of extension. But hey, its in the centre of Liverpool, and of course we're small time so that would suit the Flat Earth Society.

The Flat Earth Society (n) (KEOIC), lack of ambition, lack of foresight, no viable plan of note, just anti this and anti that. I don't need to make them as a bogeyman, they do the job well enough on their own.

And I am still waiting for those 10,000 angy Evertonians to march outside the ground against the club. Too much up their own arse.

Shame

No you didn't say "dead in the water", but "all we need is for the club to acknowledge they were wrong" heavily implies that is your view.

If we'd followed the anti Kirkby suggestions we'd be landlocked in a stadia, saddled with debt we couldn't repay with a stadia where the maximum capacity was 32,000 with no possibility of extension. But hey, its in the centre of Liverpool, and of course we're small time so that would suit the Flat Earth Society.

The Flat Earth Society (n) (KEOIC), lack of ambition, lack of foresight, no viable plan of note, just anti this and anti that. I don't need to make them as a bogeyman, they do the job well enough on their own.

And I am still waiting for those 10,000 angy Evertonians to march outside the ground against the club. Too much up their own arse.

Shame

Get over it. You sound like you're gonna go postal.

There was some 'significant' news.

Strange enough, it only took minutes before discussion went round in circles again!
I'm not surprised actually. Most here already have their opinion and it would take a lot to change it. I think all know the pros and cons of the move (most of them at least) and we just think that different reasons are the most important one.

Get over it. You sound like you're gonna go postal.

Getting over it is not an option until they melt away to their Flat Earth Society cardboard boxes. Ignoring them is better. Liked your article with Si. I would add that there are more positive arguments for Kirkby than stated, but I won't exercise them here or we will be going around in circles. All I will say is that for me the starting point is that keeping GP as it is iin the long term is a non starter.

As the article notes, and as this opening of the thread shows, after a while we do go round in circles, which is why there is a lack of will to have an ongoing debate. Its not a debate, its entrenched positions which will never be squared.

I am still an advocate of a dedicated thread so that people can dip in and out as is their will. I don't believe in blocking debate, but I do understand the consequences of keeping the debate open with such entrenched views.

Getting over it is not an option until they melt away to their Flat Earth Society cardboard boxes. Ignoring them is better. Liked your article with Si. I would add that there are more positive arguments for Kirkby than stated, but I won't exercise them here or we will be going around in circles. All I will say is that for me the starting point is that keeping GP as it is iin the long term is a non starter.
As the article notes, and as this opening of the thread shows, after a while we do go round in circles, which is why there is a lack of will to have an ongoing debate. Its not a debate, its entrenched positions which will never be squared.

I am still an advocate of a dedicated thread so that people can dip in and out as is their will. I don't believe in blocking debate, but I do understand the consequences of keeping the debate open with such entrenched views.

Agree with those bits.

It is at the point where we can possibly no longer change others opinions.

Posted via Mobile Device You're both sound but this thread gets a little tedious. Everyone has their viewpoint and it's probably won't be changed. Apart from Davek changing mine but was down to me just liking the argumentative little critter. When this thread turns into a weaponfest then it's locked. I reckon it's teetering a bit tonight.

I must say that I agree with your last paragraph. Not because it's of any great significance, but simply because I suspect it may well be the only time it's likely to happen - in this thread, that is. (y)

If I bite my tongue any harder it's going to come off...

If I responded would this thread get closed down?

Looks very much like a KEIOC reprint :lol::lol::lol:

Only problems (apart from exclusivity agreement), how much would it cost to build a stadia, who would be our enabling partners and of course plannnig permission from our wonderful ever helpful council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back