Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Everton In Our City - The Deal of the Century

Excellent piece written there, I know its biased and I know its got an anti-Kirkby spin on it, but you cant escape from the facts and I challenge ANYBODY to read it and still think Kirkby is the answer.

OK, Mikel, I've read it. Will read it fuller. I draw a few conclusions from it

(1) transport links in the plan are weak. We know that and its a conisderable concern for me. Leaks reported in the Daily Post suggest that the recommendation will ensure that this is addressed and not glossed over.

(2) It won't make as much money as they say it will. OK, will the Flat Earth Society (n) demonstrate a stadia which will make as much or more which has the benefit that they already note in the report.

(3) Its more an article against bulding a stadia per say (a flat earth approach) than specifically kirkby. Because they've used history to try and prove an uncertain future, they can utilise this same article for ANY stadia that they don't like. There is nothing specific which makes Kirkby itself stand out as rotten, evil etc.

(4) If Everton are having difficulties raising £78m, it would be great if they can demonstrate how Everton are giong to raise £200m which would be our cost of a redeveloped GP, or the Loop (barring other technical difficulties). Actually a cheaper opton would probably be a shared stadia (£150m assuming a £300m stadia).

Mikel, its easy to be against something. You don't need a degree for that. The cleverer part is to advocate for something, and when I've seen some of their plans for something in their moving goal post of options (first a bolt on GP, then the Looop, then Walton Park), it still sounds like "We don't want the rs singing the cities all ours" which is real small time.

You assume im a fan of KEIOC, im not. I hardly visit their site. This story caught my eye from newsnow, so I read it, the facts they offer are pretty glaring. As I say, its 1 side to the story, but if I needed anymore convincing, thats worked for me.

You clearly dont like KEIOC, I dont have much time for them myself, but its hard to ignore the picture they paint.

But, but, but you're talking rubbish, Goat. The stadium is effectively free and is the deal of the century. Kirkby is only a 5 minute jog from Goodison and the stadium is world-class. Goodison will also fall down within 5 years. FACT.

Mikel, its easy to be against something. You don't need a degree for that. The cleverer part is to advocate for something, and when I've seen some of their plans for something in their moving goal post of options (first a bolt on GP, then the Looop, then Walton Park), it still sounds like "We don't want the rs singing the cities all ours" which is real small time.

Sorry BT but I can't let that go without a comment. I agree that it would be better if people could come up with a plan, fully endorsed by experts, but failing that it is fair enough for individuals to poke holes in the current plan.

There are so many reasons not to move to Kirkby, and the reasons are far more intelligent than a fear of the RS singing the city's "all ours".

I could list them but they've been listed so many times it's not worth it, which is why this thread is continually closed. I just feel you should accept that the people that are against the move do have compelling reasons to reject it. You might ultimately think the pros outweigh the cons, but you can't just brush aside all these serious concerns as not much more than paranoia or fancy.

Sorry BT but I can't let that go without a comment. I agree that it would be better if people could come up with a plan, fully endorsed by experts, but failing that it is fair enough for individuals to poke holes in the current plan.

There are so many reasons not to move to Kirkby, and the reasons are far more intelligent than a fear of the RS singing the city's "all ours".

I could list them but they've been listed so many times it's not worth it, which is why this thread is continually closed. I just feel you should accept that the people that are against the move do have compelling reasons to reject it. You might ultimately think the pros outweigh the cons, but you can't just brush aside all these serious concerns as not much more than paranoia or fancy.

I accept that people believe that there are many reasons not to move to Kirkby. I think that many of them are simply borne of hatred of Bill Kenwrights stewardship of Everton and have little to do with Kirkby or are arguments not to move outside the political boundary. As the article presented by Mikelsgoat, many of them are simply weak as arguments.

The only thing I will accept is peoples right to hold arguments and opinions, even if they are illogical or not well thought through. But in the same way that I expect my arguments to be up for challenge and even ridicule, I would expect to have that same right in return.

I am surprised that the thread is still open and I do fear that we are entering that continued circle. I will though concede one argument against Kirkby and that is transport. The plans as I understand them at the moment are full of holes.

I accept that people believe that there are many reasons not to move to Kirkby. I think that many of them are simply borne of hatred of Bill Kenwrights stewardship of Everton and have little to do with Kirkby or are arguments not to move outside the political boundary. As the article presented by Mikelsgoat, many of them are simply weak as arguments.

The only thing I will accept is peoples right to hold arguments and opinions, even if they are illogical or not well thought through. But in the same way that I expect my arguments to be up for challenge and even ridicule, I would expect to have that same right in return.

I am surprised that the thread is still open and I do fear that we are entering that continued circle. I will though concede one argument against Kirkby and that is transport. The plans as I understand them at the moment are full of holes.

It'd help no end if you concentrated on the argument and not in demonising people as members of the 'Flat Earth Society'. Just a thought.

Superb post mate. (y)

Clearly he never read the article, hes made his mind up and thats it. I was all for it at 1 stage and I changed my mind once I had read the arguements made for and against.

I guess some people just arent for changing.

Clearly he never read the article, hes made his mind up and thats it. I was all for it at 1 stage and I changed my mind once I had read the arguements made for and against.

I guess some people just arent for changing.

I dont believe one Evertonian is against a change, it is how/where the change takes place that is the main issue here.

Posted via Mobile Device
Cool. After much falling out and stuff lets just agree that some want to move to Kirkby and some don't and leave it at that.

Spot on mate. To be honest, i wish for us has a team to progress further before making any ground move. I care much more about the playing side than the ground we play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back