Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark me down as a "not arsed anymore". The whole thing's just turned into a meltfest.

There blues with what appears to be paranoia issues, on both sides. The bottom line is that we're a bad bunch of awl arses who love to moan and argue.

Mark me down as a "not arsed anymore". The whole thing's just turned into a meltfest.

There blues with what appears to be paranoia issues, on both sides. The bottom line is that we're a bad bunch of awl arses who love to moan and argue.
Chico mate the whole debate has caused untold damage to the camaraderie of our fans two guys that I go to away games with at least 60% of the matches over the last 15-20 years.have now got to the point that we sit them apart in the pub like kids because now they disagree with each other over everything I honestly think it would have been better if the board had not given fans the vote there still would be arguments and debates but people are seemingly insulted if some votes different out of 15 of us eligible to vote 12 of us voted no and instead of accepting each others views there are guys in there 50s aand60s wanting to take it outside its ridiculous but when your sitting there its very hard not to get dragged in.

3DE90886-A2AE-AA4A-A977F9519EC0E5C7.jpg

EVERTON FC’s plan to move to Kirkby took a step nearer last night as it emerged Liverpool council is no longer likely to formally object to the scheme.
The city’s planning committee, which meets on Wednesday, has been recommended to raise a number of concerns about the £400m scheme that also involves building a Tesco superstore.
But councillors are not being asked to oppose the scheme now the retail element is effectively cut by 30%, after the authority previously said it would object.
The council wants a further reduction in floorspace and “robust conditions and/or legal agreements” dictating how much expansion can take place in future.​

Last night, Ian Ross, Everton’s director of communications, said: “If Liverpool City Council is not formally objecting, that can only be good news for the project.”

In April, the supermarket was forced, in the face of mounting opposition, to downgrade the amount of retail in the scheme which includes 50 shops from around 72,000 sq m, to 50,000 sq m.​

Sefton council’s planning committee, which was also previously minded to object before the reduction, will also meet on Wednesday.​

Officials in Sefton have not yet advised councillors whether to formally object, but have raised a number of concerns with the scheme.​

If neither council objects, it would reduce the likelihood of the Government calling an inquiry into the scheme which could delay it by a year, or derail it.​

Both local authorities are worried about future expansion of the retail element.​

Tesco achieved the reduction by removing mezzanine floors, but these could be reintroduced without needed additional planning permission if smaller than 200 sq m.​

Both councils are concerned at the prospect of an incremental re-introduction of the floorspace.​

A report to Sefton councillors quotes a letter from Tesco which states the stripping out of mezzanine floors “has implications for the viability of the scheme”.​

It goes on: “While some retailers may well require additional floorspace in the form of a mezzanine soon after opening if trading potentially justifies such a move, most will only require the additional floorspace once the outlet has traded for over a year, some two years.”​

Officials in Sefton remain concerned that, even on the reduced scale, the retail element is “inappropriate”. Liverpool council officials said they “strongly support” Knowsley council’s ambition to regenerate Kirkby town centre.​

However, they state that despite the reduction, the shopping space is still “extremely large”.​

They remain unconvinced about the “need” for the scale of development being proposed, and have “unanswered questions”.​

They recommend that “a more thorough assessment is required and a further reduction in retail floorspace should be negotiated”.​

“Should members of Knowsley council be minded to approve this application then officers advise that the level of future floorspace should be controlled by robust conditions and legal agreements.”​

A spokesman for Knowsley council said: “All comments submitted as part of the three consultation exercises will be taken into account when the planning committee meets.”​

So now it might not be 'called in', If not theirs a massive chance we might be on are way!!​

Not to sure what to make of that.​

I think that article is a nonsense, there's no quotes and I've heard from two councillors this week saying it will be objected to by LCC.

I think that article is a nonsense, there's no quotes and I've heard from two councillors this week saying it will be objected to by LCC.

How interesting, a story going against the no vote is nonsense yet the stories for the no vote are based on fact, a bit 2 faced am sure you will agree.
Looks like were on our way to kirkby finally and we can finally shut them whingeing moaners keioc up at last. The businesses round county road are going to be upset at them investing all there money into keioc only to see it fail:lol:

Nope.. turns out I was right, there's no truth in the article. The journalist didn't read the whole report and came to his own (wrong) conclusions. So that was a waste a time... a lot of people will be upset with the falsely reported news today.

Nope.. turns out I was right, there's no truth in the article. The journalist didn't read the whole report and came to his own (wrong) conclusions. So that was a waste a time... a lot of people will be upset with the falsely reported news today.

We shall see on weds, i see no reason why it wont be true

Post business reporter David Bartlett who covers regeneration news for the paper....I suppose he would get all excited about a new plan 'getting passed' wouldn't he? :P

Let's see what the council actually says this week. b)

As much as I am against the move I'm pissed off with all the claims and denials on both sides so from now if its not in the papers or tv I'm ignoring it(unless it supports the no vote Joking:lol:)

(if possible) ignore all views about whether we should/not go to kirkby for a minute.

what right do liverpool/sefton councils have to object to planning proposals.

cant remember any complaints about liverpool one, met quarter, edge lane, speke retail park, switch island, the strand redevelopment, aintree racecourse retail park etc

complaining about too much area allocated for retail.

are they scared of having competition for OUR pennies?

i think it's quite normal for all local authorities to take an interest in developments in neighbouring authorities & to poke their nose in if they have any concerns.

i was just thinking it seemed a bit strange that with the size of the latest retail development (liverpool 1) that they would object to anyone else wishing to improve/enlarge their retail outlets

seems a bit like trying to restrict someone elses ability to trade/grow

i suppose the investment in liverpool may have been part of a regional plan & there may be a question mark over the need for so much additional retail capacity in the region, especially if it's in a place as small as kirkby.

Maybe, but Skem is planning a £360m development (without the cost of a stadium) and does not present anywhere near the catchment area of Kirkby.

Havn't seen any mention of Knowsley objecting to that, but West Lancs are talking about objecting to Kirkby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back