Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put something concrete with finance and a site which is big enough and i may be convinced. It hasnt happened yet and i highly doubt it will

This is the problem, nobody can do that, yet they still maintain the club is wrong. All they can is show fancy pictures with nothing to back them up, the club has explained how they are going to fund Kirkby.

And it still comes back to them saying that we must wait an hour before we can get home. I think the most stupid thing ive read is the person that said the club might keep fans inside the ground for an hour after kick off. 40,000+ Everton fans told that they must remain in the ground for an hour after a home game, i hope they do it, because i wanna be there when they try enforce this.

if I was bothered about "comfort zone" then I'd never have moved from St Domingo Grove mate! 15 minute walk to the match if I went the quick way, half an hour if I went through Stanley Park and down Priory Road to take in our history.

getting to and from the match does play a big part for me though, as it does for many blues - just like other people are bothered about the toilets or getting a pie at half time

I will never set foot inside an Everton stadium in Kirkby though, so it'll never bother me from that point of view - although transportation isn't the biggest thing for me

I've watched Everton through thick and thin, been there in the days of 20,000 attendances and watching us get beat 6-2 away at Villa Park. I've continued to go through relegation scraps and even keep the faith that Moyes might get back to playing good football again at Goodison - but I will never go to watch Premier League football live in Kirkby.

I know people who have stopped going already because of it, and judging by the attendances they're not being replaced - of course others have stopped going for other reasons so the attendances are low - that isn't because of Kirkby alone - but unless those of us that won't go are replaced, then Kirkby will be an even bigger mistake than I already think it will be.

It just doesn't sit right. And there has been nothing at all come out to convince me that I'm wrong. All the press has been about how we need a new ground - and I don't question that - but none of it has been about why Kirkby is the right ground for us.

Is all that because its outside the city? You know its the real reason, aint it?

I know, read and understand what people are saying, the evidence etc about why it would be a wrong move (albeit nothing is 100% guaranteed whether it would fail or succeed, hence the ongoing discussion, the if's and maybe's etc). But what I dont get the idea of "I wont go watch them play there." Someone like Davek know's his [Poor language removed] and will give his intelligent diatribe about why the move wont work (whether he'd ever go if it happened, I dont think he said hahah).

BUT - IF (the big IF) we moved, wont it still be the same club just in a different location? And instead of maybe trying to support it if we did move - you know, like players who shake hands after a match even though they've been [Poor language removed] on 5-0 - people would flat out not go just on principle - on facts, on evidence, information before anything's even been built.

Instead of actually saying "I might go the match, see what its like. If I dont like it then I wont go." No, they'd rather just NEVER go, want it to fail miserably just to say "haha I was right all along! That HOC report/KEIOC report whatever told me so and it was right! HAHAHA! Burn Everton Burn!"

Which is fine - I'm surprised a bunch of number, facts, 100 page documents that you've sivved through just mde your mind up before its even built. Or, just admit, away from all the evidence against DK, deep down -- the reason they wont ever ever go is because its not in Liverpool - KEIOC after all.

:P

Is all that because its outside the city? You know its the real reason, aint it?

I know, read and understand what people are saying, the evidence etc about why it would be a wrong move (albeit nothing is 100% guaranteed whether it would fail or succeed, hence the ongoing discussion, the if's and maybe's etc). But what I dont get the idea of "I wont go watch them play there." Someone like Davek know's his [Poor language removed] and will give his intelligent diatribe about why the move wont work (whether he'd ever go if it happened, I dont think he said hahah).

BUT - IF (the big IF) we moved, wont it still be the same club just in a different location? And instead of maybe trying to support it if we did move - you know, like players who shake hands after a match even though they've been [Poor language removed] on 5-0 - people would flat out not go just on principle - on facts, on evidence, information before anything's even been built.

Instead of actually saying "I might go the match, see what its like. If I dont like it then I wont go." No, they'd rather just NEVER go, want it to fail miserably just to say "haha I was right all along! That HOC report/KEIOC report whatever told me so and it was right! HAHAHA! Burn Everton Burn!"

Which is fine - I'm surprised a bunch of number, facts, 100 page documents that you've sivved through just mde your mind up before its even built. Or, just admit, away from all the evidence against DK, deep down -- the reason they wont ever ever go is because its not in Liverpool - KEIOC after all.

:P

[Poor language removed] me, great post.

Calling Kirkby not in Liverpool is shithouse tactics and I'd be sound with it if those doing it went to Kirkby town centre and told people they werent scouse.

If youre not going to go to the match if we moved to Kirkby then sound, better blue you lar.

I think it's a bit bad when someone like Halewood Blue is allowed to hijack and disrupt a thread of this size and on an issue of this importance. I'm sure admin must be sick of him too.......

Davek mate, youre in no position to post that really are you?

He's opposed to your view, are you going to try and say he's in a clique now. Live and let live mate.

Ask Si which taxi cab he's using tat charges him £25 from town as Im yet to find one.

[Poor language removed] me, great post.

Calling Kirkby not in Liverpool is shithouse tactics and I'd be sound with it if those doing it went to Kirkby town centre and told people they werent scouse.

If youre not going to go to the match if we moved to Kirkby then sound, better blue you lar.

People from Kirkby aren't scouse, you got a problem.:mellow:

I regularly tell me mar she's not scouse...

You absolute monster.

QUE?

It's true though,

People from Kirkby descended from Liverpool and took alot of our culture out of the City. It's like comparing someone from Puerto Rico to Spain. Some similarities but in the end we are very different.

I'd be willing to give them the "half a scouser" tag.:P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back