Starting 11 - who misses out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
I’d agree Joey apart from the fact that when he starts he always looks knackered after about 60 minutes!
That might have something to do with him being the only one who puts in a full shift, maybe if others pulled their weight he wouldn't get so tired instead of having to do it on his own. Gray and Richarleson excepted.

I expect a back four. Will be interesting to see if our new fullbacks get the nod or not.

VDB and Ali have come to us for more game time, and I can see them starting. Possibly with Allan sat deeper.

I'd also expect our wingers to be included in Grey and Gordon or Townsend.

It may mean that we play one of either DCL or Richy as a central striker. Richy has been effective on the left, so may rotate with Grey?

I never thought we'd have a selection headache this season, but its difficult to get all these players in.

I find Richarlison the most difficult, because although he's a great player, I don't really know what his best position actually is

If you stick him out wide - no room for Gordon, who for me is important if you're gonna play DCL as he will get the ball in to him

Then if you go central, you remove Alli

Be interesting to see how it pans out

This is all going depend on how DCL shapes up in the coming weeks. If he does get service and squanders the chances then he's now not undroppable. If he starts taking them then it's a healthy fight for who's supplying him.

Not Gray, he has to start every game without question right now, but DCL and Richarlison have to keep there places, if they are starting and offering little we have options to either make early changes on games or fully rotate
How lovely it will be to actually have players on the bench to change or chase a game. Nobody should be guaranteed a starting spot, time for some competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back