Starting the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm desperate to get back and I'll admit I haven't looked into it, but, theroitically, does a stadium not count as being 'outdoors'?

Could we not say, have full/almost full stadiums on the basis that folks get tested beforehand and then have like a temperature check at the ground? Got to a wear a mask as well, obviously.

Someone tell me if I'm way off, thanks. I miss Goodison.

I'm desperate to get back and I'll admit I haven't looked into it, but, theroitically, does a stadium not count as being 'outdoors'?

Could we not say, have full/almost full stadiums on the basis that folks get tested beforehand and then have like a temperature check at the ground? Got to a wear a mask as well, obviously.

Someone tell me if I'm way off, thanks. I miss Goodison.

Mate?

No mask- no admission and if mask is taken off ...... ejection from the stadium , the stewards could police it .
Obviously the players and match officials would be exempt :p and of course the ppl who have a verified exemption certificate .
See i agree with this, but i cant see it working.
One thing they do need to do is close the bars inside the ground, so ppl dont hang around in them narrow passage ways. You want a drink, dont go the game, simple, the ground is for the sport.

I'm not saying full stadiums, but completely empty stadiums isn't viable for the football league. I doubt many clubs could survive a full season without gate money.

I'm coming round to the opinion that we need to move towards normality and let individuals choose to do what they are comfortable with.
You mean like going to the match catching the virus then going somewhere else to give it someone who will die ? Someone who avoided the dangerous places but needed to go to the shop for example .

They could trail a certain amount of fans distanced and with masks. I doubt we will see full stadiums until well into next tear at the earliest.

Can we go watch football if we get tested beforehand and get something to say we are ok, same way players are doing now? No?
20x squads is 1 thing.
20x fanbase x4 is another thing.

So no mate.
fans.jpg

For those wanting to go to the match under current circumstances, here's some home work: imagine you are the P M. Write 2 short speeches, the first announcing that public events, like footy games, can now go ahead. The second speech explaining the sharp rise in deaths and why attendance at footy matches has to stop.

Political suicide and morally bankrupt.

Wasn't it on this site that Evertonians were making comments about the stupidity of the authorities in allowing the Atletico game at Anfield go ahead? And the greater stupidity of Kopites for actually attending?

Infection rates are rising. Forget attending matches & worry about your jobs and families.

I accept that businesses need to earn money and things do need to start moving again but football is a luxury( No idea how it can be supporting us ) and therefore is not necessary ,given that the clubs earn more from other sources by far than from gate receipts it seems to me it is a chance not worth taking .
I am in Finland but I care about the innocent people who will die when it could have been avoided .Yes i understand the need to get out of the house and have a drink with your mates ,there must be another way .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back