Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Stephen Patrick Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always liked him. Looks like a top professional to me. Wouldn't mind him as a squad player at all. At a reasonable price (£0,5m-£1,0m) I'd have him in a flash. If we're looking to add quality rather than quantity however, we should aim higher than Stephen Hunt.

Your making out like I've written him off as a ****e player, I haven't. I've praised his qualities, I've said he does have some quality (on the ball) and I've said more than once that I'd take him for a reasonable fee. The 500k thing was a joke by the way. If we signed Hunt for 4-5 million tomorrow I’d be happy.

You won't convince me anything other than that to be honest, I've seen enough of Steven Hunt to know what type of player he is. He's a solid Premier League winger and he's useful, there's nothing special about him though. He’s not exactly what we need and he’s certainly not a player who will move us up a level. As Rook said in his “top post”, he wouldn’t be number one priority.

Your we are "devoid of battlers" speech doesn't stand really, we have one of the smallest teams in the League and we are continually up there with the best. It's certainly not because we outplay teams, I think we all know that. During a lot of Moyes’ spell we have struggled to keep the ball and have had to battle, if we really are devoid of battlers we’d be a lot lower than we are.

I don’t like players of what ilk? Please explain.

Just leave it mate! Your numbers been noted! Bashing out! :P:lol:

I'd take Pennant and Hunt to Everton in a heartbeat footballing wise.

Now, if they'd cause major league issues in the dressing room, then no, regardless of how good they could be under Moyes.

But for me, I think Hunt would fit in here nicely.

If we get him for the right price then I wouldnt be unhappy, he puts it about. Like a rabid Kevin Kilbane, he'll do for the squad.

But what Toccy says is spot on, we need to add some quality out wide to progress and give an extra dimension to our play.

If Spurs and City get their act together next season, IF like, then the competition's gonna heat up considerably.

If we get him for the right price then I wouldnt be unhappy, he puts it about. Like a rabid Kevin Kilbane, he'll do for the squad.

But what Toccy says is spot on, we need to add some quality out wide to progress and give an extra dimension to our play.

If Spurs and City get their act together next season, IF like, then the competition's gonna heat up considerably.

Spot on. It isn't going to get any easier. We all seem to be leaning towards the fact that we need gritty fighters as well as quality players.

It comes down to expectations again. Moreso, does the kitty stretch to meet our requirements?

I wouldn't mind Hunt in our squad, but he could cost anything from 30%-50% of our total budget :(

Right, wheres our new Billionaire buyer got to? :P

I'd at least look at bringing in some decent foreign talent before i'd even consider Hunt.

The market is there, it's about time Moyes took a look outside of England for talent and took a chance on younger, cheaper and more talented players then some yard dog who runs up and down the wing like a clown and maybe gets into a few scuffles every few games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is Cal, in the back of every manager's mind now is the hint of the possibilty of the 6+5 rule.

We have a better foundation than most so the lure of buying British is stronger than ever. Plus, with things are at the moment, you should be getting better value for money than in the past few years.

We've got enough british talent to cover that rule, mate.

We really need to tap into the worldwide market these days. If we're not going to be able to spend more then 5 million net profit, at least look at bringing in some cheap and decent talent from abroad. The talent is there. We should look at using our FM connections too.

I'd at least look at bringing in some decent foreign talent before i'd even consider Hunt.

The market is there, it's about time Moyes took a look outside of England for talent and took a chance on younger, cheaper and more talented players then some yard dog who runs up and down the wing like a clown and maybe gets into a few scuffles every few games.

Ace aviator mate!(y):P

We've got enough british talent to cover that rule, mate.

We really need to tap into the worldwide market these days. If we're not going to be able to spend more then 5 million net profit, at least look at bringing in some cheap and decent talent from abroad. The talent is there. We should look at using our FM connections too.

You were doing well until that bit mate, you bad nerder.

Problem is that now we have Howard, Arteta, Yakubu, Cahill, Pienaar, Saha and Fellaini that could start at some point so we need to up the English level a bit.

You were doing well until that bit mate, you bad nerder.

Problem is that now we have Howard, Arteta, Yakubu, Cahill, Pienaar and Saha that could start at some point so we need to up the English level a bit.

It won't come in for next season. No way.

We should be looking at quality outside of Britain. I'm telling you, it's the way forward. Not throw 50% of our budget on this clown.

6+5 isn't going to happen for quite awhile.

After all, the ****e have very few English players so we know that they'll somehow get the proposed rule change put back indefintely so that it can be considered at a later time.

We dont chico, its a rule that will never happen, there are far too many European laws that would be broken. English players are ****, as Cal says we need young players from overseas. English players always cost too much as well.

FM is very under-rated. Ive been playing it for years and the amount of players that they spot at a very early age is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back