Steven Naismith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably his best quality, to be fair.

That said, I think he may be crowding out Lukaku upfront and that also places a question mark over how solid we're set up when attacks break down, given he usually gambles on getting in the box for a goal and leaves a big space for a counter.

He's a forward with no pace and with no real aptitude for the athletic and creative part of the game you'd expect from an advanced midfielder. I'd say he needs to continually get on the scoresheet to prove his worth.
You're wrong here Day Vek.

If you want Naismith to score the goals why spend £28 mil on lukaku mate? Serious question? If you want both firing fine but let Naismith do it off the bench/rotating with Rom.
I want them both to score goals and as Roms fitness improves he'll start to score more. He's been a doubt for every game do far. Barkley is a good player and hopefully he's going to be a great one but he isn't exactly an assist a minute either is he?!

Naismith is definitely worth his place at the moment, it's weird that people are blaming him for Lukaku only scoring 1 so far. Between them they have 4 in 4 that is the stat that matters!

top-gun-iceman-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back